Innovative Marine Aquariums

(Another) Positive ReefCleaners Experience!

BadCrab

I made my first order through ReefCleaners. I never thought I needed enough snails to justify shipping, so I always picked a handful of local snails at a significantly higher price - boy was I a fool! (This is a common theme with me & reefkeeping)

I'll never order snails from someone other then John @ ReefCleaners now. I made the order late night 6/25, got confirmation from John early morning 6/26, package was shipped that day via USPS Express (overnight for $25, minimum $25 order,) and I received a well packaged and overstocked bunch of healthy snails today 6/27 at noon.

My only complaint was with USPS (And John specifically warned me to keep an eye out for this,) even though the package is CLEARLY marked as perishable and "deliver to door" is written in three different ways, the package was left in a metal apartment mailbox (think high school lockers) outside in Phoenix, AZ. It's 110F out right now. Cool USPS.

I ordered:

1 florida cerith

5 dwarf cerith

5 dwarf planaxis

5 virgin nerites

5 zig-zag periwinkles

1 reef pods

1 pods+

I received:

1 florida cerith

at least 100 dwarf cerith (!)

5 dwarf planaxis

5 virgin nerite

12 zig-zag periwinkle (!)

1 reef pods

1 pods+

Each species in it's own float-bag, and the pods were double wrapped. The entire thing was in a heavier plastic bag and cushioned with paper packaging stuff. Despite the box being crushed on one corner, none of the bags were dry inside.

I only got a picture of the dwarf ceriths - ones I ordered on the left, ones John decided "looked about right" on the right

wJHtgr0.jpg?1

Overall: A++, can't wait to do business with again!

I ordered to supplement existing crews in some small nano tanks, that's why the order was so small. I was happily surprised to see so many extra snails! Also they are TINY most of them are much smaller then I thought they would be (can get in all the little nooks)

Reefcleaners is the only place I do CUC from... Always love ordering from them.. Mysteriously I never order hermits and end up with 2-3 per order. Fun to see!

chicagoreef

I'm certainly inclined to order from this company based on their prices and reputation, but does one need 100 dwarf ceriths? do they overrun the tank? do they starve? or is it snail-party-time?

They are very small, some half the length of my fingernail. I dumped them in a clump in my 6.2 tank (just finished cycling and full of algae) and watched them spread out over the course of a couple of days, cleaning substrate as they went.

Honestly, I'm glad he included more! I needed more! I still probably need more, so I'll put a dozen or so on my next order. They really do an exceptional job getting in the smaller areas my "large" standard-sized LFS bought snails can't. I haven't had them for any length of time, so it's possible they will starve if I've overstocked on my CUC, but I don't think so.

Anyway, I'd encourage you to order! John was great to work with.

johnmaloney
I made my first order through ReefCleaners. I never thought I needed enough snails to justify shipping, so I always picked a handful of local snails at a significantly higher price - boy was I a fool! (This is a common theme with me & reefkeeping)

I'll never order snails from someone other then John @ ReefCleaners now. I made the order late night 6/25, got confirmation from John early morning 6/26, package was shipped that day via USPS Express (overnight for $25, minimum $25 order,) and I received a well packaged and overstocked bunch of healthy snails today 6/27 at noon.

My only complaint was with USPS (And John specifically warned me to keep an eye out for this,) even though the package is CLEARLY marked as perishable and "deliver to door" is written in three different ways, the package was left in a metal apartment mailbox (think high school lockers) outside in Phoenix, AZ. It's 110F out right now. Cool USPS.

I ordered:

1 florida cerith

5 dwarf cerith

5 dwarf planaxis

5 virgin nerites

5 zig-zag periwinkles

1 reef pods

1 pods+

I received:

1 florida cerith

at least 100 dwarf cerith (!)

5 dwarf planaxis

5 virgin nerite

12 zig-zag periwinkle (!)

1 reef pods

1 pods+

Each species in it's own float-bag, and the pods were double wrapped. The entire thing was in a heavier plastic bag and cushioned with paper packaging stuff. Despite the box being crushed on one corner, none of the bags were dry inside.

I only got a picture of the dwarf ceriths - ones I ordered on the left, ones John decided "looked about right" on the right

wJHtgr0.jpg?1

Overall: A++, can't wait to do business with again!

Thanks! Now you know why I lost my bank teller job. "That looks like the right amount of change".

Archived