Cultivated Reef

Replacement ballast for nanocube?

Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda

I bought a used nanocube today, and the stock ballast blew the first time I plugged it in. I have the CSL 32w upgrade, so there's enough light over the tank for now, but I'd like to get that stock lighting working again. Anybody know where I can get a replacement ballast? I don't see anything on JBJ's site about ordering replacement parts.

hmmm, for 10 bucks more you can get another csl with bulb. I have the stock in with 2 csl's fora total of 88 watts. I may just ditch the stock when it goes. I know that doesnt answer your question, but it is a viable alternative with an easier bulb to replace over time.

Interesting idea...IF I can find another CSL setup. I understand they're getting almost impossible to find since CSL went belly-up.

Yeha might ballest broke and the extra lights i emergancy rigged melted the hood alittle JBJ made me pay 35$ for a new one and I was PISSED

Is a Workhorse 5 a reasonable replacement for this ballast? It seems to me like it should be fine, but I'm not very confident that I'm matching the ballast to the bulb correctly. The bulb is the stock JBJ 24W 50/50.

Archived