Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Fuge plan

Max

Here is my plan for a fuge. My tank is a 38 G AGA and I was just going to add a 20 G aga fuge but when I went in the basement to get the 20 I found a 3 G tank from the 50's. It is one solid piece of glass so no need to worry about seals. I was wondering if I could run it as a Mantis tank hooked up into the system but seperate from the other tanks. I was thinking maybe I could have the larger tank overflow into the mantis tank and then have the mantis tank flow into the fuge/sump. Can anybody see any problems with this? Also I dont know anything about plumbing tanks so if anybody could give me some advice on that it would help alot like what to use for a pump where to put it how big of pipe to use etc.

I just did some mesuring of the inside of the stand and it looks like the smaller tank will have to be directally above the fuge insted of next to it and above like in the pic.

mineralrock

dude how does the water return to the tank...magic? The pump should be on the return not the overflow. And I mean what you've got there is a tank basically and thats it...you should put baffles (barriers) in it (atleast two) to kill bubbles and create a section where the lr and ls can go and the macro so it wont be sucked up into the pump.

my 2 cents.

The reason I didnt put the pump in the pic in any particular place is because I dont know where to put it. As far as baffles go the reason there is none on there is because I have no idea what I am doing as far as where to place them and how many to have thats why I asked.

Archived