Coral Vue Hydros

19w Home Depot Screw INs

Deleted User 8530

Deleted User 8530

Hello all I found some 19w screw ins I wanted to use for my new 10g Would these work? If I remember correctly they were like 5k range!

If you want to use self ballasted lamps (the screw in ones) I would buy the coralife or all-glass ones. The ones at HD are the swirly ones so they really aren't very efficient and they aren't really a great light color. The coralife and all-glass screw in bulbs come in 6700K, 10,000K, and 50/50 (10,000/actinic) and have straight bulbs.

Deleted User 8530

Thanks for the replies! Where do you buy those and how Expensive? how Many Watts? emokid Thanks thats the Ones I was talking about! I have some in my FW Planted so I was wondering if they would suffice for a SW! Also AWSOME step by Step pics!

You can get those bulbs lots of places... I know bigalsonline.com has them and web aquatics inc... the coralife ones come in 10 and 20 watt bulbs, but I dont know about the all-glass ones.

Deleted User 8530

Well heres the thing I cant order anything ONLINE! Im only 13 turning 14 ( WITH A JOB!) Well... What would you suggest for something localy?

I know some petco and petsmarts carry them, but I don't remember which namebrand... I think they carry the all-glass which only come in something like 10 or 13 watt (that I know of).

Deleted User 8530

DARN! I dont think that is enough light for my 10 I want but probly the 1g I just found! that would work out well! How expensive? Im sorta on a Budget!

I found the same ones onthefly is using at home depot.I have 3 on my 5 gallon right now.I'm going to add a 70w MH to the hood next week.I'm going to keep mostly SPS's

That 70 watt mh is going to evaporate a lot of water off of your 5 gallon tank, and since its so small it may raise the temp?

Hey Roadkil if you want cheap lights then the 19ws from home depot are the way to go. I did have 4 of them over my 5.5g along with 2 10w 50/50 and the 19ws are definitly ALOT brighter.

Mav

Just a thought if the home depto lights dont work out and you cant find the corallife lights localy you can ask your dad about ordering them for you and you pay him the cost. (unless your dad is like mine and afraid of the net)

• 5 weeks later...
Deleted User 8530

THANKS! Well I want to keep some mushrooms and zoos to start off so how many off these would I neeD?

Archived