Cultivated Reef

Innovative Marine NUVO 24 broke =(

vasol

Are people doing fine with the thin ones? Does anyone know if innovative will replace the thin ones for people even if they'd isn't cracked since there is a known defect?

You can always contact the innovative marine warranty department, just send them a email and see what they say.

I'm not one for bending rules or anything but you could always say you "found" a small crack and are concerned it may fail. But first make sure yours is the first revision, glass measures under 5mm.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They absolutely should honor a replacement if the tank is in fact the old model. Fact is, sure they will send a replacement if it fails.....but that doesn't/won't repalce the livestock, time, effort, and corals you have should they die.....

I would get on the waiting list for the new 30 gallon they have coming out. Thicker glass and no curved front corners.

^ +1 I like the new 30L alot

I bought the 16g back in January. It was the only one the local fish store had. Did a leak test in my bathtub and it leaked. I emailed customer service and he told me they would send me a replacement when the new shipment was in. Said it would be around the first week of February. The original email I sent was on January 20th. It will be 40 days on Friday... I still have not received a new tank. I have emailed the CS guy a few times over the course of the last month and he keeps telling me that they don't have any in stock yet and they are a hot item. As soon as they get one, he will send it to me and email me the tracking number. Uh yeah, it may be a hot item but take care of your damn warranty before you send more out for new sales.

I just emailed him again today saying if I don't have it by Saturday that I want a refund. I could have been through most of the cycle by now.

aww man...you guys got me very concerned! recently bought and setup a new nuvo 30 tank...hope hope hope it will not leak!

Short of a bad seam as in the above 16g only the first generation 24g are prone to cracking, I haven't heard of any others breaking as the 24g does.

I'm currently waiting for the 30L, they credited me the full price I paid for the 24g towards the new 30L.

They offered me full credit on my 16g. I can use it on any IM products I want. Not sure I want to give them even more money for a bigger tank though. They have nothing else that interests me. Seems like all there other products are either junk or only good for an IM tank lol.

I absolutely cannot imagine paying 500.00 for a 30 gallon tank, and another 300.00 for what would surely be particle board. 800.00 could build a killer stand, Drilled rimless 40 gallon(or bigger),a sump tank, and the plumbing/return pump for a sump. seems really steep for an IM tank IMHO. They are nice though...

Archived