inTank Media Baskets

44.9g Long/Low/Wide Upgrade

bucknellreefer

Yeah, the cap is still recovering and it's still a bit dull compared to what it looked like before I nuked it with light. It was a very bright green with a nice purple rim. I think the polyps are picking up some of that blue color from the light, they are more green/transparent looking in person.

I am using a Canon T1i and shooting in raw to correct the white balance to get it a bit closer to what I am actually seeing. I am actually working on a few new pics tonight because I picked up some pretty cool millis from a local over the weekend.

Are you using the stock lens or a nicer one? I just figured out using a high quality 50mm lens really improved clarity and color. My previous SLR experience was with 35mm film, so if I learned anything I've forgotten it.

What image editing software do you use?

bucknellreefer

I am just using the stock lens for now. I am hoping to upgrade to something nicer down the road but it's not a pressing thing for the time being. I am using a piece of free software called Scarab Darkroom to edit. I tried several free options and this is the one I liked the best. I am really just playing with the white balance a little and maybe the brightness. If I knew what I was doing I am sure I could be things looking a little more realistic (everything is just a bit brighter in person).

And with that said here are some of the new additions:

green milli:

gLvMq1z.jpg

green base milli with red polyps and tips:

PydiKUv.jpg

rose milli:

BHCiBTN.jpg

orange cap:

RS6JGDA.jpg

I also got a purple polyped digi and a teal candy cane frag but those are still on the hidden frag rack and kinda hard to get pictures of.

• 3 weeks later...
bucknellreefer

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I just have the skimmer going in the sump at the moment. I am working on getting a fuge up and going though because I am starting to have some algae issues. All of the coral is doing great and I'm getting some good encrusting growth on the milis and the montis are starting to show to growth as well.

No new pictures, algae is too ugly.

I also suspect my orchid dottyback is on the way out. It's been looking more and more beat up over the last few weeks. I am sure the other fish are picking on it but haven't actually seen any aggression so I'm not sure who's to blame. I am toying with the idea of adding another fish (probably a six line or coris wrasse) but now I'm worried about it getting harassed to death.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived