Coral Vue Hydros

stock lighting in JBJ 12gal nano cube blew

kevinvr6

It's been about 2 1/2 months I believe. Will my pulsing xenias survive the dark!? Is there some kind of warranty for my lighting? is there a fuse I can check? and.. should I just go with better lighting while im at it?

Thanks!

wow how weird is that. I just tried flipping the switch just now and the light came on! what in the blue hell? I tried it like 4 times before I created this thread and it didnt turn on, waited an hour or so and tried it again, and it turned on! Is there something bad waiting for me around the corner?

ok well i just shut it off, and it wont turn back on, however...

If I leave the switch in the ON position, the light WILL turn on after... 10 seconds..

What the dilly?

I believe alot of JBJ`s have shotty ballasts and if you call them up they will probably replace it under warranty since it is a common problem that they may have fixed. Xenia will do fine for a couple days since they are shipped with out light but longer then that you should worry. my pulsing xenias open up at night if the computer monitor is on lol so just leave a room light on and see if they pulse.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got the replacement, corals are sick from the lack of light for about a week.

Anyways

I plugged the bulb into the ballast, I dont remember which light was towards the front of the tank, blue or white?

TIA!

Put the blue light toward the front of the tank so that the white light gives light to the whole tank and the actinic (blue) would give a nice visual affect to your eyes.

Archived