Coral Vue Hydros

4 Damsle in a 10 Gallon??

Travis

Would it be safe to put 4 Yellow Tail Damsles in a 10 Gallon Nano? I love these lil' fish, so I will only be having this type of fish in the tank. Get back w/ me ASAP. I already have 1 Yellow tail in there and before I buy 3 more I want to make sure it's safe, for the fish.

Dr. Saltwater

When they are young it could be very nice but when they grow older they create little territories that they'll defend with all they have.

10 Gallon is in my opinion to little space.

Dr. Saltwater
Originally posted by Travis

I thought that they did good in small groups?

Yes, when they are young and when you have more space ;)

I would say 3 max in a 10 gallon, give there is enough live rock and water changes are frequent. 4 is pushing it especially when they get larger.

well click on the link in me signature, is there enogh LR in there? I have 15 lb of established LR and 5 lb of base rock (already turning pink and purple w/ 3 seperate cave formations in the aquascape :)

Also, my avatar is a pic that I took of my Damsle :) no modification to it but croping, I have a black back groud and it was in front of it when i took the picture. ;)

did you look at the side view? There is ALOT of swimming room in the front, all the rocks are on the back, and I am not adding any more rocks to it.

id say you can do it, i keep a bluespot jawfish, 2 firefish, and a blue neon goby in my 10 and i dont have a whole lot of rock.

Archived