Coral Vue Hydros

Updated growth pics

birdman204

ReeferMonkey

Is that a super pink monti cap I spy in the background Bird? Also, your red zoas are looking really fine.

What sort of camera did you pick up?

wow bridman u got some serious coralline algae growth lookin good man i cant wait till my tank gets crazy like that its starting to spread...how long has your tank been set up n wats the specs lol i should jus look at your old posts hey lol im so lazy :)

birdman204

ReeferMonkey - The Monti cap is wierd, It is orange, pale, but vibrant. In the large tank under the XDE 250's, it is dark, almost red. Cool in both color forms. Got a Canon Rebel Digital EOS. Out of the box , those were the pics it took, Got some interesting shots this morning with timed exposure and aperature changes. took a few good sunlight pics of the tank this morning. It is an awesome camera.

***a - The tank was set up .... a Year ago this month as a matter of fact... in a few weeks it'll be a year. Kalk dosing and patience was really what helped the coralline. I have a few small asterina stars eating through it in places, but I do not mind, as it grows back so fast. What kinda "specs" are you looking for? ;)

szesteve - The lighting is a 70W DE metal Halide, w/ a 20K Tunze bulb, and a 32W actinic. hence the blue pics.... , that and I need to get thie custom white balance set properly.

2muchreef4u

great tank b-man! i love the coraline growth. kalk top-off is what you mentioned, what else? also, what type of filtration system to you have? water changes? thanks

birdman204

Water changes (although I haven't done one in over a month, ohno). I do have a piccolo skimmer that I run, mainly to oxygenate the water, but every few weeks, I need to empty the cup. Occasionally , I will use poly filter ( occasionally meaning run it for a week every 6 - 8 weeks, and a small bag of chemi-pure changed every 3 months. That's it, no buffer, dosing this , or strontium that. Just those things and food for the fish. If you begin using Kalk, I would monitor PH , CA, and ALK levels extra carefully for the first few months.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived