Top Shelf Aquatics

2 Gallon Aqueon Evolve

Reefer_Girl

Reefer_Girl

Yes the crab is out, I actually just tossed it in with my evil clown.. very tiny crab under 1cm but IMO lethal for a pico. (I think it's a mirthax but I have been wrong before)

I also did some research on sexing sexy's and I have a male and a female maybe with the crab out I can attempt to raise the fry. Also spotted an albino stomatella before

Reefer_Girl

happyhour99 - that third link is phenominal

(Also I brought the sexy's home well 2 of many yesterday as my beautiful Aunt passed yesterday of brain cancer, and tanks are honestly my relaxation, the female already molted today as well as ate about 1/4 mysid shrimp. The male has yet to do anything butt shake his booty)

happyhour99

lol yea it was really short. I wish i could find some science papers to quote, but i don't think they give very much money for researching depth vs oxygen content of live rock. I had to make do with forums.

My condolences for you and your aunt. I hope you find a lot of relaxation with your tanks.

Reefer_Girl

Thank you happyhour99, and the pico is looking fantastic, I am hoping to stop at CVS later to burn my images to a CD as my computer only takes SD Cards and not memory stick pro duo... Have some amazing pico images

Reefer_Girl

wow the parameters jump around on this little guy, I have yet to totally perfect it but my salinity went to 1.020 before I slowly adjusted it back to 1.024 but I am beginning to see a small high maintenance act of love here... can't wait till the final part of my ATO arrives,

My make shift fuge is totally keeping other paramaters stable but salinity spikes are making me nervous. Gosh I wish they made an adjustable 5 watt heater with temperature "shut off/control"

New pics coming tomorrow and the paly grandis has been moved to the 29, the sexy's were battling for food and nearly became a snack... So mushrooms and neon gsp it is for now... One red shroom one blue shroom and one frilly green.

Also spotted a mini possible olive snail. (very pretty very tiny and smooth has similar appearance to stomatella but moves damn fast and is very shiny with brown and white stripes.

airman_verde04

I had heater issues. but I'm all set now, I think because its summer time, I run my heater at about 76 degrees and the room temp bumps it up to around 78 with about a 1.5 degree flux throughout the day. fits nicely in the back of my AE4.

• 7 months later...

I am having heater issues. I have used the hydor flat mini 7.5w and my tank was at 84 but without it it is down to 69 at night and only up to 71 during day. I would love to find something that could keep it around 76-78

Archived