Cultivated Reef

Kinda Confused on Auto-Dosing

TheKleinReef

I keep it simple. I use all those seachem powders and simply do this. On a 450 G system I add 1/12 TBS of SEACHEM REEF BUFFER every morning, and I add 1 TBSP of seachem calcium advantage every night. DKH is always a steady 9.5 and calcium is always 440.ppm. Seachem Calcium advantage is fortified with magnesium and strontium, and I never measure or worry about those anymore.

simple.

Zeph aren't you running a ca reactor as well?

Actually not at this time because CO2 tanks are illegal ( you need a special permit ) in NYC, I have to keep running to NJ to get them.

Deckoz2302
Actually not at this time because CO2 tanks are illegal ( you need a special permit ) in NYC, I have to keep running to NJ to get them.

Wow that sucks... so there is no fountain sodas in nyc either?..lol :/

TheKleinReef

I keep it simple. I use all those seachem powders and simply do this. On a 450 G system I add 1/12 TBS of SEACHEM REEF BUFFER every morning, and I add 1 TBSP of seachem calcium advantage every night. DKH is always a steady 9.5 and calcium is always 440.ppm. Seachem Calcium advantage is fortified with magnesium and strontium, and I never measure or worry about those anymore.

simple.

that's what i'm trying to automate :P

• 3 weeks later...

Check the ingredients list on the bottle. If its not mixing clear at that ratio mix then something else is in it like magnesium or potassium. reef builder used to just be a carbonate complex

Archived