Top Shelf Aquatics

Courtesy Flush?

Newbie527

I have had my JBJ nano for about 6 months and I am still new to the hobby except for the extensive reading and research I have done.

My first fish I bought was a stubby clown (perculla). He did fine for about two months then I introduced a damsel and they were both fine for a month. The damsel got mouth fungus and after a few water changes it went away. Then they were fine for a while.

Now my clownfish has been in quarantine for about a month now with either Brooknellya or some sort of ich. His gills are frayed and he has very labored breathing and sometimes loss of equilibrium.

I give him freshwater dips where he does fine for 25 minutes then to Ich treatment bath, which he does fine, and back to the quarantine tank. Unless I do this everyday he just doesn't do anything... just sits in one spot and breaths heavily. I am worried that the parasites have done too much damage that is irreversible.

So now what? I don't mind doing the extra care but I hope that I am just not prolonging the inevitable or just keeping him alive and miserable.

To flush or not to flush????

Any opinions??

unfortunately it does sound like its too late. if you think the fish needs to be put out of its misery a much more humane and environmentally friendly way is to freeze him. slows down metabolism and just puts him to sleep.

kris_willard

I have give a couple of clowns a ride on the porcelin express before and by the sounds of it that might be the best for yours as well. Ive never froze a fish but i know ppl that have. Either way put the old boy down.

Archived