SaltCritters.com

ADA 30C

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Wow, such an elegant tank

Thanks...it is getting there.

Nice camera!i want one

It is a Sinar F1 large format...and lots of chemicals.

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Nice shot

Thanks...still seems to be a bit soft. Tough to get him to stay still for very long.

Awesome setup.

Thanks!

Looks great! Not sure how I missed this one. What I would do to get a NBR unit over it. ;)

-Dave

I love your work...there is room for another tank to the right of this one...hmmm

Once a day the tank gets full sun...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/petersmithinak/media/Showdown_zps1a0e356c.jpg.html'>Showdown_zps1a0e356c.jpg

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/petersmithinak/media/SunLitRG_zps033df6bd.jpg.html'>SunLitRG_zps033df6bd.jpg

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Fantastic little tank and I love the photos!

Thanks Lalani...and congratulations on TOTM. I love all of the movement in your tank.

very nice shot-how do you keep the cat out of the tank?

I don't. She tries to get a paw in once a day. We are slowly coming to an agreement that it is not OK to do that, but her instincts tend to override our agreement and her and the fish have playtime.

• 4 weeks later...
MySafeWordIsWhiskey

I have come by a MAME overflow, so I should be able to get a sump on this tank...I have heard mostly negative things about it, but now there is a positive write up on ReefBuilders about it. Does anyone has any suggestions about how to make this thing work well?

Also I need to fill in an area that is near the surface. Nothing seems to want to grow up there. I found a source for some Caribbean rose corals (legally from a dealer in Arizona)..does anyone know if they need to be on the sand bed, or would they tolerate high light near the surface?

Thanks

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

Is the coral you're describing an LPS or a gorgonian of sorts?

It is an LPS...just wondering if anyone has any experience with them. I think they live on the sand bed...wondering if they would do well in the rock work up high.

They are low light corals as well and probably need to be on the sand bed or at the very bottom of the rock work. Generally most LPS are this way save for a few exceptions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

This is by far the simpliest and awesome looking nano's I've seen in awhile. I don't know how I've missed this damn thing. I'm now following though !!! Hopefully this thing gets updated.

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

I am struggling at the moment with algae. I lost two gorgs and my sponges and all of my rics are shrinking. And my Royal Gramma has turned super aggressive and killed off two gobies and my shrimp. Not sure what the issue is....I will update if I figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...
MySafeWordIsWhiskey

My tank is not happy. Had a bad algae infestation. Green turf algae and gelidium. Seemed to take over the tank fast. Killed off most of my zoas. Sponges went next. Then three of five gorgs started to recede. Only two are left now and they are not looking so great. Of course everything tests zero, but I think that really means nothing. Even my mushies are ticked. Not sure where the nutrients came from.

Now I have added a tiny pencil urchin and a chiton and they seem to be making a pretty good dent. That with aggressive manual removal and peroxide directly on the rock during this last water change and we shall see.

I have heard that eventually phosphates leak out of rock. Has anyone heard of this? Maybe this is the increase in nutrients?

• 1 month later...
MySafeWordIsWhiskey

The tank is no more...it started leaking a week ago. Slow leak from the bottom, even tho it was on a mat. Everything is in a bucket now.

Upgrading to an ADA 60P. I have a MAME but man that thing scares me. It looks like a mess waiting to happen. But I really dont want a black piece of plastic to drain it. What to do.

I am hacking up an IKEA kitchen cabinet to hold this thing. Uising nice hardwood plywood to wrap the case. I want it to have a mid century look, but now I am wondering if these could hold the 200 plus pounds (tank and sump).

http://www.tablelegs.com/Mid-Century-Modern-Furniture-Legs.aspx

Any engineers care to comment on the ability of the wegner legs and straight cleats to do this job?

MySafeWordIsWhiskey

This is by far the simpliest and awesome looking nano's I've seen in awhile. I don't know how I've missed this damn thing. I'm now following though !!! Hopefully this thing gets updated.

Thanks! Updgrading now due to a leak. Not sure what happened. The new tank will be a 60P with the same theme...Caribbean only but this time with a sump.

great nano makes me kind regret adding a lot of rock in my tank

how are you liking skimmer?

The skimmer works well. It is easy to use and clean. The skimmate it produces is a little weak, but fine for something small.

I love this tank! Now how can I get you to pick a Tide up ;)

Would that work for a 60P?

Archived