inTank Media Baskets

My first fish (pic)

Drysocket

Just got this guy last night. He's a yellow-headed jawfish. He's about two inches long. These fish are really really cool to watch.

Within an hour of putting him in, he already had a hole dug(see picture). He picks up mouthfuls of gravel and spits them out of the hole. It's pretty funny to see. One of my hermits crawled into his little nest and he actually picked it up by the shell and tossed it out. I was amazed. However, he seems to have abandoned that hole already for some reason and made another toward the back of the tank where i can't really see him. :(

Here he is watching me take pictures of him. I named him Pablo(said with Mexican accent), by the way, because he's so fiesty! He looks like he's ####ed all the time.

Nice...I love jawfish. When it finally gets a real cave dug it'll use a pebble to close the tunnel every night at bedtime. Cool!

Jason

These guys are waay cool! I spend most of my time at LFS's just watching them dig holes in the sand, it's soo funny! Very cool fish Drysocket.

don't be surprised to find out that the tunnel abandoned is connected to the new one. We have a jawfish in the office that has about 8 different exits to the same tunneled area.

At this point, he's got about 4 or 5 holes. Some of them do seem to be connected underneath the rocks. I haven't actually witnessed him eating yet, but the food I put dissappears without hermits in the area.

Archived