Cultivated Reef

Fragging palys and zoas

jadedanime

jadedanime

So I purchased a frag awhile back with some neon green centered zoas and some camo green ish palys. So far the zoas seem to be getting choked out by the palys, which are spreading down the sides of the frag as well...and I want to either split them apart or pry one or the other off. They are relatively close together considering what I want to do, so I would like some input on how to go about this whole thing.

I have a scalpel and some pokies from my moms old dental hygiene stuff, so I figure I have the tools to pry them off, but I want to know no to go about it. Put them in a separate container? Underwater or out? Scrape the rock off or just the mat?

I know palys can be deadly in some cases, so I want to go slow and figure stuff out before charging in. So any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

post-77492-0-34668800-1367549645_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Wear protection glove and using scalpel is ok to frag them. You could go under the mat or rock depend how you comfortable with it.

You could do the whole fragging process out of water but place them in salt water container after they are gluing.

Always cut them outward...finger inward

Archived