Innovative Marine Aquariums

NO lighting in a 10gal.

Leafy

Hi guys, first post here. Your tanks look great!! I hope to have my 10gal. up and running soon. I'm working on the canopy right now and wondering if 4 18" 15w NO bulbs will be enough light. I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia and the prices for everything reef related are crazy. An 18" Power-Glow bulb costs $25 so I am trying to build this tank without getting a second mortgage.

Well this may not be possibl;e but if you can find a way to get to toronto everything reef related seems to be cheaper than in the maratimes for examle 1n 18"power-Glo is 9.99 Try ordering on www. bigalsonline.com

their prices are probally cheaper than the lfs in your area

printerdown01

In terms of lumen output your looking at about the same output as a 30W PC... This should be more than sufficient lighting for softies, and LPS. :)

Shipping can get expensive out this way. There are 4 LFS that sell reef supplies. LR on average is $11.99/lbs. After shipping, to get this stuff out here, it would cost about the same price. Dry goods aren't really that much better.

As for the 4 NO bulbs, any recommendations? Also, how much LS should I use? Should I use a combination of LS and dry sand or all LS? Can I add the LS first and then the LR later (maybe 7 days later) or should I add everything at once?

Thanks!

OMG! $11.99/lb? :o definitely try the online guys!

jlaquatics.com is in british columbia and inlandreef.com is in NH.

crikey! that's expensive! i guess that icecap system i've been eyeballing isn't that expensive, huh? :P

Regarding the lighting:

The 4x15w should be fine for softies and a few LPS corals.

I would go for

1x 7.5K

1x 10K

2 x Actinic

That would cover a good spectrum.

Or just go for 2xDaylights (9-10K) and 2x Actinics.

Have a look at my site for info on my NO light setup.

Archived