Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Evil cluster build

cichlidtx

Well, I finished the fixture on my tank and its running great. I'm still working on the lighting schedule and tweaking the color to my liking. All in all, I think looks pretty good. The light spill out is a little excessive, so I ordered some different optics. The fixture is approx 18" above the water surface. I'm currently running the max output at about 55% at this point. I need to find a par meter to ensure proper setup, need to ask local club. Here's some pics. I think the colors are close in the tank pics.

post-41930-0-03819100-1378257481_thumb.jpg

post-41930-0-83405500-1378257493_thumb.jpg

post-41930-0-14250300-1378257505_thumb.jpg

post-41930-0-09355200-1378257515_thumb.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I get it. Nice design! Although a 20x4 lcd would have really helped over a 16x2.

Nope. It doesn't need it. Its simple and works well.

Its very well designed and programmed. So much so, I think Im building another with it.

As promised, some updated pics of my fixture. I still need to test it longer and mount the display. I hope to accomplish that this weekend and maybe attach to the nanocube. Anyway, on to the pics and as always feedback much appreciated. Need some ideas on mounting the display?

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/khromero/media/LED%20Build/001_zps91c559a4.jpg.html]001_zps91c559a4.jpg[/url]

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/khromero/media/LED%20Build/002_zps1f4385cc.jpg.html]002_zps1f4385cc.jpg[/url]

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/khromero/media/LED%20Build/003_zps7cc0b336.jpg.html]003_zps7cc0b336.jpg[/url]

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/khromero/media/LED%20Build/004_zps9e04a4f9.jpg.html]004_zps9e04a4f9.jpg[/url]

http://s157.photobucket.com/user/khromero/media/LED%20Build/005_zps932250f4.jpg.html]005_zps932250f4.jpg[/url]

Where did you get the 6 up LDD board?

I understand the offset mounting now.

Oh, I see you traded out the Storm for Jarduino.

Any real reason for doing that? You wanted touch screen?

I'm currently using the Storm controller on my 40Br. If I like the looks of the this fixture, I will build another one and then move over to that tank. I will then fully utilize the Jarduino's capability. I like the Storm controller better for lighting as it's much easier to setup and dial in lighting preferences.

Where did you get the 6 up LDD board?

I understand the offset mounting now.

I purchased from a person on RC from the LDD thread there. PM me for info, he may have more PCB's available.

This is true and way to show me up. There is ac power running to it and ldd can blow and heat up-sure chances are slim and maybe Im just over thinking things ;)

I wasn't really trying to show you up. Just correcting the statement (wood really is pretty safe in this kind of situation). But you are over thinking things a touch ;)

I wasn't really trying to show you up. Just correcting the statement (wood really is pretty safe in this kind of situation). But you are over thinking things a touch ;)

Glitch of being a genious? Lol

• 1 month later...
flamehawk1613

I like the ideas you guys have here and i was wondering if you would be willing to give me some advice as well . I am planning a LED build for my 180 g tank 6x2x2 . I will be makeing 3 fixtures with the following leds on each fixture.

2 bxra 40e1350-b-00-4000k

6 luxeon m royal blue

6 luxeon es cool blue

6 steves semiled hyper violet

2 luxeon es cyan

any advice would be very appreciated

jedimasterben

I wouldn't bother with the BXRA 1350. Just run the 950.

Take a look at my evil cluster thread. I've got new pics of how I'm running my tank now, and have pics and some PAR measurements using just the LEDs, and you won't need muhc more than that.

flamehawk1613

hey thanks jedi , I have been following all of your guys threads and i think its so cool your shareing your findings . ok i will get the 950's , do you think everything eles looks good? which controller do you like more ? all i will be use it for is to controll my lights. thanks again for your work and sharing it with us.

I agree the 950 is a better option. I only run mine at 30% as I like more of 20K look. As far as the controller, I really like the Storm unit. Its simple to setup and has 6 pwm outputs. I use it on my 40br only running 2 channels.

flamehawk1613

I agree the 950 is a better option. I only run mine at 30% as I like more of 20K look. As far as the controller, I really like the Storm unit. Its simple to setup and has 6 pwm outputs. I use it on my 40br only running 2 channels.

CICHLIDTX is there a reason that you chose true violet over hyper violet?

flamehawk1613

CICHLID I was wondering how high did you end up hanging your fixture mine will be about 8" off the water so at that height would it be better to go without the reflectors on all of the LEDS?

flamehawk1613

That's a decent amount of water to go through. You might want to consider optics/reflectors and raising the height of the fixture.

well I cant go up because I have a canapy over my tank . which angle of reflectors should I get?

Archived