ReefCleaners.org

Is this an ok setup for a six line wrasse?

venturalvn

Tank is 20 gallon long. Current inhabitants are only yellowtail damsel, cleaner shrimp, and hermits/ceriths for cuc. I know I'd probably have to ditch the damsel to add the wrasse, which I'm ok with.

I wanted to see if this was enough rock for the wrasse to feel comfortable. I know I lose some rock surface area to have the arch formation. I also know 20 gallon long is about the shortest footprint I should have. If hes the only fish in here or hes alone with the damsel, is this suitable for a six line wrasse?

20130409_184354.jpg

Ignore the flame angel in the pic. Hes no longer in the tank.

Looks good but I would flush out the sides of your scape with more rock. If it's the only fish in the tank a sixline will do fine IMO. Maybe even the damsel might be ok since both of those fish are mean, but I'm not sure just an idea.

I'm still very interested in finding out more about the six line wrasse. Will it bully my cleaner shrimp? If I get a goby and a six line am I asking for trouble?

My six line is very friendly. I have him with a clown, green chromis, and a peppermint shrimp and he leaves everyone alone. The fish even let him clean them, it's really neat. It all depends on the wrasse I guess. If it has plenty of holes and caves to swim through and plenty to eat it should be fine. Add it last.

My six line is very friendly. I have him with a clown, green chromis, and a peppermint shrimp and he leaves everyone alone. The fish even let him clean them, it's really neat. It all depends on the wrasse I guess. If it has plenty of holes and caves to swim through and plenty to eat it should be fine. Add it last.

Is yours full grown though? A lot of the time they snap when they reach maturity.

if you add a sixline it will be the last fish added. they get meaner as they get older/more established but ive never had a problem with them as long as I add them last. they are cool looking fish and very active. they will pick at the rock work all day and sleep inside the rocks at night.

Get the goby first, then the wrasse. shouldnt bother your shrimp. I really like your scape! Oh...and get a lid!

My 6 line jumped twice. First time I saved it, second time I wasn't so lucky. The fish was hilarious, it would hop into the overflow and hop back out.

Is yours full grown though? A lot of the time they snap when they reach maturity.

I don't believe it is. It's just short of 2 inches if I had to guess. I've seen much smaller though.

Archived