Cultivated Reef

What kind of Nudibranch?

ZeroGravity

kraphtymac

Is it bordered by white? I can't tell from your pic... If so, it MIGHT be an Orange Peel Nudi... can you get a better pic of either end(s) so we can tell if it a flat worm, nudi, or dorid?

that doesn't look like a FW. it does look like a nudi but you'd have to get a better pic. anyways it looks cool. good luck with it.

ZeroGravity

sorry, since i put him in the tank last night he has been hugging and crawling all over the rocks... on the glass, his belly is all black, with a thin white border around it...

he is sometimes long and skinny.... but kinda shrinks his body into short and fat, like in the pic. lol...

good job on the ID. are they harmful? i bet they're not too common in the hobby. if it doensn't pose a threat to anything you got a nice find there.

ZeroGravity

i read that some of them feed on coral, and sponges... but i dont have either of those im my tank... and i also read that they smell bad to the fish and crabs so they wont attack it. lol...

Most nudibranches are very specific when it comes to food, eating only a particular type of coral or sponge. They generally starve to death in home aquariums. The majority of them are poisonous and release a powerful toxin when they die which can have adverse effects on fish, corals and other inverts.

Archived