inTank Media Baskets

How to make everything not look so blue?

Antiblink

I have been trying my hardest to take pictures with my iPhone and my friend's borrowed digital camera, but I can't seem to get rid of the blue tint that haunts everything. Greens look blue, and sand looks blue, and rock looks blue rofl.

I'm not quite sure how to adjust white levels on iphone, or even on his camera.

Also, what is iso? I can adjust that on his camera...

Any tips on this? I've seen people take amazing videos and pictures with iphone, how do they do it?!?!

Example of what I'm taking:

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/Antiblink/media/IMG_2895_zps447f12af.jpg.html'>IMG_2895_zps447f12af.jpg

Iso, Aperture, and Shutter Speed are the "Exposure Triangle" google that.

iPhone: upload to comp and edit, or use flickr app to edit.

Point and shoot camera: Practice, pick highest quality, custom white balance if you can.

Real answer? Get something fancier.

Question: Do you have the ability to shoot RAW?

If you do, shoot me a PM and I will help you out. Find a way (dropbox) to upload the RAW image and I will be able to walk you through what you need. Cameras generally will not give you the option to shoot beyond 10k white balance. Shooting RAW will give you the ability to set the white balance to up to 50k in Lightroom 4. This is the easiest way to get rid of the blue sheen that plagues most cameras that cannot shoot in RAW format.

Please post your white balance settings as well as your camera setup if you cannot shoot in RAW format so we can further assist you.

Question: Do you have the ability to shoot RAW?

If you do, shoot me a PM and I will help you out. Find a way (dropbox) to upload the RAW image and I will be able to walk you through what you need. Cameras generally will not give you the option to shoot beyond 10k white balance. Shooting RAW will give you the ability to set the white balance to up to 50k in Lightroom 4. This is the easiest way to get rid of the blue sheen that plagues most cameras that cannot shoot in RAW format.

Please post your white balance settings as well as your camera setup if you cannot shoot in RAW format so we can further assist you.

This, this this. The biggest culprit in things shooting blue is the raw-jpg built in engine that is using presets of 6K or 10K when the lighting is around ~20K.
  • 2 weeks later...
SantaMonica

Same problem for me. I can't seem to sit down and study photo techniques, so the best I could do with the P/S is to up the red, and lower the blue. Helps a little.

As stated shoot in RAW and use photoshop or gimp or another to post process the photo. There is virtually no way to edit out the blue saturation if shot in a standard jpeg format.

Archived