Pod Your Reef

Metal Halide for 10 Gallon

Juanton80

I have been looking into what lights I should get for a 10 gallon nano tank that I am going to set up in a few months. Although I originally thought about settling for PC's, I have read about the advantages of MH Lamps. Could anyone suggest a MH setup that is complete without having to deal with retrofitting. I'm not great with wiring, and don't know exactly where to start. Also, what wattage would I need if I went MH? Does a MH canopy/fixture usually hang? Thanks!

ReeferMonkey

LampDr sells 70w retro kits in the Classifieds forum. Fully wired, all you need is a 13w PC reflector from Hello Lights, screw it in and you're ready to go. I have one, it's pretty awesome.

A 150, even a pendant, will probably cause some heat issues on a 10g. Even with the 70w on my MB7, I'm thinking I might need to get a chiller.

Naturalreef

I purchased 2 70 watt kits from lampdr and can't recommend him enough. Absolutely a great kit at a great price with fast shipping. I have no heat problems in my hood and thats with one fan blowing in the top of the hood above the lexan and another fan below the lexan hitting the water. Besides a little more evap, temp is rock solid. Halide on a minibow is a sight that needs to be seen...

Archived