inTank Media Baskets

red and blue- moonlights and nightvision

matt the fiddler

matt the fiddler

so, anyone here know the deal with this set of moonlights i just acquired? [along with a 2nd generation PFO 400 W MH 20K setup and 130-440W VHO [actinic from hello lights] this is not for my nano tank ha ha ha

Pacific Coats Marine Products..

2 blue moonlights

and 2 red nightvision lights that are brighter.. and supposedly are not in visable range of anything in the tank..

the unit has a switch on each color ...so i can be either all red, all blue, both or off.

curious on peoples feedback with this red spectrum in the nano- or if it is more gimmick... only on when you are looking into the tank, on all the time, etc.

ha ha in my search i ran into the guy who made his tank a multicolored disco haha

matt

I use a red gell on the front of my flashlight when I looking around at night. The fish and shrimp don't seem bothered by the light but a few of the small critters run from it.

yeah, what thedude said.

for a cheap source of convenient red or blue lights-

walgreens has little LED light keychains for 1.99. comes in a few colors- including red and blue. button can be pushed for temp light, or slid into a locked "on" position.

not quite the same as the sexy expensive stuff, but a DIYer can come up with gazillions of ideas

matt the fiddler

yea- but do people leave the red on solid? or only when at the tank...

i allready have this :-) setup. no need to diy

I don't think it would be a good idea to leave it on all the time. Your tank needs to be dark sometime so all the little scavengers will come out.

Archived