Cultivated Reef

Want to add a 2nd Clown to my nano 12

sail24

I have a JBL 12 with just one Clown in it. Can I add a 2nd? Will

they get along? LFS sugg. mated pair. What do you think?

P.S. the perc has been in for about 5 weeks.

2 are cool for bioload. I am not sure about adding one after the first has defined its territory. the whole sex issue comes into play as well. also are you asking about the same species of clown?

better wait for the experts to answer.

If they are both the same species it MAY work out. Do NOT mix species. The first fish has had enough time to establish itself and may be aggressive towards the newcomer. If you really want another perc what I'd do is rearrange the rock work the day you get the other perc. This will minimize any territory issues that the first one may have.

I hope that these are either true or falce perculas as most other clown species will grow too large for a 12 gallon tank.

Dolfan0925

from what I've read, and this may only be about ocellaris because I researched them only. But with them if you keep only 1 it will become a female. If it's a male then they should be fine. If it's a female then the smaller one will become a male. I think since you have a 12g that they will be fairly small and maybe not have sexed themselves yet. It's really neither here nor there, if they're the same species they should be fine.

Archived