Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Venturalvn's 20 long

venturalvn

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. Tried to order a couple but they are out of stock :/

Yes this is the only downside, they have a hard time keeping up with demand! I waited for a bit while they restocked as well.

I accidentally popped a single small bubble algae that was in a hard to reach spot last night. I probably shouldn't have tried to do it, but I didn't want to break down my rock formation to take it out, so...oh well. I guess I'll wait and see if I face a major outbreak in the upcoming weeks/months.

With that said, my hair algae seems to be under control.

Got a few extra critters this weekend. I added a six line wrasse after months of thinking and hesitation and hemming and hawing. I know 20 gallons is small for most fish, but I just couldn't help myself this weekend when the little guy was on sale for $9.99. He and the sebae clown are getting along just great!

I also added an emerald crab after finding three small bubble algaes. Having accidentally popped one the other day, I figured I'd better prepare for the worst case scenario.

I also went and got a piece of glass cut for a lid since I was afraid of the six line jumping, but it's pretty difficult to keep clear. It's just wet, foggy, and hard to see through. Anyone got any tips for that?

I'm still rearranging stuff. About to make a pickup next week from a local, so it's going to get interesting :)

I will have Halloween Milli, Green Hornet, FF Pink Lemonade Polli, BBEB zoas, and Joker zoas coming.

Anyways, moved both acros to the left into the heavier flow areas, and moved the bigger hammer out of the higher flow area as well.

20130618_212937-1.jpg

Thanks guys! It's good to get some eyes on this tank.

Love the Tank and the Scape. Are you dosing anything in there?

I have the stuff, but I'm not dosing anything at the moment. I probably should, as I'm getting practically no growth on my acros, but my zoas/acans are getting great growth and there's about 5 micro baby heads on my hammer, along with a split about halfway complete on its top. I had just started to dose my 10 gallon last year, and then it crashed a little bit after I moved it into my new place. I know it crashed because of the move, but it still has made me gunshy to do much to the water params if they're not broken.

Do you have any pictures of your captain America's?

Unfortunately not. Those were part of my entire tank lost during a move at the end of last year.

Gorgeous tank. What optics did you choose? I already have a Plus over my Evolve 8 and it has the 120s. Are yours hanging on goosenecks or otherwise? I couldn't tell by your pics. I'm with you, takes a lot to get the pics right w/ full spectrum leds. I'm just getting more convinced that I just need to stay with the Ledtric Plus when I start up my 20L in January.

Thanks! Yes I'm hanging both my bulbs on goosenecks. I'm not real crazy about them so I'm probably going to rig up an L arm soon.

2x par 38s is a great budget option for a 20L. I LOVE the color but am starting to crave more control.

Yeah, that's what's hindering me. I really like the color but I want more control too.

I've been looking at Reef Breeders' Nova series, and I very much like what I can see about the unit. There's a groupbuy right now (http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/328902-official-junejuly-reef-breeders-group-buy-thread/), but I just can't put the money into it right now, especially since my LEDTRiC bulbs are so new.

Logan told me their folks are working on a tank mount in the near future, hopefully by January, I just don't know if that was for their value or other.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say hi from another local here and awesome looking tank!

Thanks! Constantly trying to improve, and finding locals that frag is a great way to get amazing pieces and immerse yourself in the hobby.

Updated the OP with the latest FTS. Unfortunately I've neglected the tank for a couple months due to certain life circumstances, but I'm back on the wagon, and of course my tendency to buy buy buy has not lost any ferver.

A couple of my favorite zoos at the moment, while I wait for my acros to color back up. These pictures do not do them justice. Unreal colors out of each of them:

BBEB:

20130918_194909.jpeg

Orange Maul:

20130918_195000.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Archived