Cultivated Reef

~~Custom CAD Lights Shallow Reef~~ 36x18x10

lhernandez86

lhernandez86

So the tank hasn't been shipped..............SHOCKER

Really getting annoyed and this build is becoming similar to previous ones from others on here that dealt with Cadlights..... I've got two quotes from Reef Savvy that I'm ready to jump on if these fools don't ship out today. Per Cadlights it "should" be shipping out today.

We'll see....

lhernandez86

yep giving them one more day to make it right...all i need is a tracking number....then a tank that doesnt arrive broken....

Last chance for them, if i dont get a tracking number today, I will demand a refund tomorrow.

lhernandez86

Speaking of the devil....

They just shot me a pic of the "custom" built box that my tank will be shipped in this time to prevent breakage.

WoodenShippingBox.jpg

We'll see if this works...Tracking number suppose to be headed my way when Fedex picks up.

Hopefully they remember to put the Tank inside.... :lol:

sounds fair. youll be more then happy with reefsavvy if thats the direction you end up going. ive seen a few in person and then are just awesome

edit: well thats a good sign :D

lhernandez86

sounds fair. youll be more then happy with reefsavvy if thats the direction you end up going. ive seen a few in person and then are just awesome

edit: well thats a good sign :D

Yep Reef Savvy isn't as pricey as I though and a little bit more....I was happy with the quality of the Cadlights tank and had no issues with customer service the first time around....the replacement however...we'll.....lets just say ill be happy if this tank gets here with no issues

Lovelia_renatha

Ok so I've been out of a hobby for some months now and will be jumping back in when we move into our new house. (Summer) I previously had a ADA 60 F that I loved and put gems in that i hated to part with. So for my new build I wanted a similar tank on a slightly larger scale. Currently having a CAD Lights Shallow Reef being *rebuilt* (36x18x10) since the first attempt was a major FAIL by UPS.

Pics -

Picture003.jpg

Picture008-3.jpg

Picture005-1.jpg

The quailty of the tank was awesome....just too bad it arrived like this :( New one should be delivered next week.......hopefully.

Equipment for this tank -

Ecotech Radion Gen 2

Vortech MP10 W ES

Eheim Return Pump

Eshopps R-200 Refugium

Skimmer - Reef Octopus POV DC-1

Livestock -

25lbs of Real Reef Live Rock

very sad

lhernandez86

Keeping my fingers crossed the replacement makes it to you in one piece!

Thanks - it's been sent by Fedex this time......Sooo let hope for the best

lhernandez86

Ok so the tank arrived in top notch packing this time....not sure why it wasn't like this the first time around. The tank quality is great no scratches of scuffs....

Pics...

Picture030-1.jpg

It helps when you write GLASS on the box....

Picture031-2.jpg

First layer of wood was secure with about 18 screws...

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

Also removed some small pieces of cardboard to the left of the top pic.

Picture034-1.jpg

That's a blanket under the tank...

Picture036-1.jpg

Picture035-1.jpg

lhernandez86
CAD Makes some really nice stuff....Dang, is that a Starfire bottom?

Yep the entire tank was made with star fire glass

• 1 month later...
lhernandez86

Update - 4 weeks until tank is wet! I finished the plumbling on the tank last week and its the only thing I've done since the last update...also will be painting the stand to a dark teal color.

We close on our house on July 15th and will be moving in the after the painters hit up the house.

Items I still need to Order:

Synergy Reef Systems - Custom ATO Container

Fiji Pink Sand - 30 lbs

Still need to buy a fuge light....

Additional MP10 - maybe depending on flow when setup

Skimmer Stand

cant wait! fingerscrossed

• 1 month later...

Is that their 45g shallow? Also, did you have custom bulkhead holes drilled, and if so what sizes? I saw other builds that used metric size plumbing instead of US standards. I'm considering a cadlights 70g artisan ii and am gathering all the info I can before I talk to them directly.

• 1 month later...

Archived