Coral Vue Hydros

Purple Aiptasia & Others?

sparkysko

Apologize for lack of photos, when I have the ability, I will do so.

After about 1 1/2 months of cycling my 2.5, I'd seen some anemones that'd I'd consider Aiptasia (They were clear). But now, after re-arranging my rocks, I have noticed a light purplish anemone... He's only 1/2" large at the moment, but I was wondering if there is a good possibility that it is Aiptasia before I massacre him.

At the moment, I have some critters that I *thought* were Aiptasia, they were clear, and had tentacles and what seemed like a mouth, yet, the tentacles did not 'taper', they were barely visible and the body of the critter doesn't really have a 'stem'. Looking at the 'mouthy' portion, it appears to have a slit, rather than a dot.. Go figure.. Still extremely small (1/8-1/4"), I can barely see them with my eyes, so photos are out of the question at the moment.

Green 'finger' like bubbles are veryyyyy slowly growing on a rock. It looks like zucchini or squash is growing. Very small, and very slow growing, but alive nonetheless. I'm hoping a macroalgae, but maybe it's some form of dreaded bubble algae...

On another portion, I have what I'm guessing is purple corraline 'bumps' on the rock, with a brown, solid feather shaped 'leaves' or growth on it. I'm guessing a macro algae again, just that it is weird that each piece is growing out of a purple bump...

mineralrock

is the "green" finger sort of arched over....maybe a little bit hairy...and also..is it almost neon green?

cause i have two of them in my tank

Its arched over, its definetly not sticking straight out, maybe 30 or 45 degree angle from the rock. Not hairy, completely smooth like a balloon. It might be considered neon green, its a bit darker than what I'd consider neon green.

For the neon green stuff, google "neomeris annulata" and tell me if this is what you have. It's cool stuff!

Steve

Archived