Cultivated Reef

The Oasis: ADA BTA Build

kveekx

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting is the most important attribute to a reefer! :P

Not to a anemoner!! And not to be a creep or anything but I clicked on your profile and Im 15 too!
FishBrawler

Not to a anemoner!! And not to be a creep or anything but I clicked on your profile and Im 15 too!

Patience my young padawan. ;)

Lolol you're 15 kveekx? Lucky to start this young with a quality tank.....
Yeah, but all my money went into the tank thats why I hit you up trying to get some cheep nems!
Deleted User 4

Yeah, but all my money went into the tank thats why I hit you up trying to get some cheep nems!

Well, the tank is worth the money. :)

So is the razor.

Try the lfs yet?

FishBrawler

Lolol you're 15 kveekx? Lucky to start this young with a quality tank.....

You're only fifteen too!? Sweet! Another teen reefer!

Well, the tank is worth the money. :)

So is the razor.

Try the lfs yet?

I only got Petco, a place with nice FW but lacking and sick saltwater, and a quality reef place but he wont get me one for less than $100 at least...

Deleted User 4

You're only fifteen too!? Sweet! Another teen reefer!

Never said I was 15............lmao.

I only got Petco, a place with nice FW but lacking and sick saltwater, and a quality reef place but he wont get me one for less than $100 at least...

Time to change the stocking list. :)

jkjk.

Keep an eye on laReefs on ebay. There are new nems listing every single day almost.

And try looking for more lfs....lol.

FishBrawler

Never said I was 15............lmao.

Haha. I know you aren't XII. I was just skimming and I saw that. I wasn't paying attention... long day haha :mellow:

If you're on a budget for livestock (especially hot ticket items like Zoas, BTAs, and rainbow Rics) the best way to get them is from a local frag swap or reef club. Other hobbyist are eager to offset the price of their initial investment and readily sell any clones (usually natural splits, but the more ambitious aquarists or even clubs promote manual propagation.)

I'm sure you'll find something. You might not want to rush into the BTA - they do better in established tanks. If I were you (and I sort of am, planning to get a BTA for a new tank) I would find a mother from a trusted local reefer or online hobbyist (but for me, not a retailer) and get on a list for a clone. That will give you time to set up properly and you have the pleasure of handpicking your mother.

Nice! Did you wipe the glass for the 2nd picture? I see wiping prints. lol
Little bit of wiping prints because the whole thing was fogged over because it is so cold in MN right now! I guess Ill have to wipe it off and take a few more then!
Deleted User 4

Little bit of wiping prints because the whole thing was fogged over because it is so cold in MN right now! I guess Ill have to wipe it off and take a few more then!

Nah, getting it wet will solve the problem. :)

Sweet man. I'm going to have to go with an ADA for my next tank just to see what all the hubbub is about. Can't wait to see it up.

Deleted User 4

Sweet man. I'm going to have to go with an ADA for my next tank just to see what all the hubbub is about. Can't wait to see it up.

Ohhh snap!! (I really snapped with my fingers)

I'll look forward to see what you do with your ada. :)

Well I hit a speed bump today... I can not cut glass!!! I tried multipul cuts but I cant get it perfect so I will have to have someone else do it. This will back up my process a little but but not too much. I got my hanging arms done and the new top for my stand so now all I need is to get that baffle done!

cc714af5-60b7-470b-a986-6869dc3d769d_zps

442d8311-e1ed-4c85-bdbf-b04a796c2c1a_zps

Omg....please don't tell me that's from the ada tank....

I wouldn't even attempt drilling the ADA for an overflow!!! Thats just the $3 sheet of 1/8" glass! Glass is too green to be ADA too!

Deleted User 4

I wouldn't even attempt drilling the ADA for an overflow!!! Thats just the $3 sheet of 1/8" glass! Glass is too green to be ADA too!

Just wanted to be sure of it! :)

Archived