Cultivated Reef

lighting questions

bowkrych

hi I am new to this forum been reefing for 10 years plus,

I have always had big tanks 120-260gal but for the last 8 months I have been just running a 29 gal boicube.

I am just wondering what lights some of you guys are running I have a 120watt dimmable led set (I really don't like them) I got zoas, and assorted lps and one scroll coral.

:welcome: to Nano-Reef.com!

I assume that this is a pendant hanging over the tank, as opposed to a light in the canopy. What don't you like? The color spectrum?

what LEDs are they? if it's cw/cb it will look pretty anemic.. these are typically the units people have when they decide they hate LED..

and welcome to NR!

DSC03700_zps3c325d2d.jpg

I don't know what make they are but this is a picture of them. I have 3 different banks of them one of the lfs was demoing them

I have been just running a 29 gal boicube. I am just wondering what lights some of you guys are running

Check out some of these search results. I'm thinking you'll still use some kind of pendant. Maybe something like a Kessil LED pendant.

JediL1C1OUS

I went with a 4 bulb T5 unit for now on my Biocube because it was only $55 brand new (shipped). I like it and will probably just use it until I upgrade to a bigger tank where I will likely go LED.

Also, I get some slight shimmer from it because of the 4 moonlights and the surface agitation created with my power heads.

Archived