Innovative Marine Aquariums

AC110 with Tunze 9002

flypenfly

How far in can you put the Tunze 9002 into the filter? I know the Tunze 9002 is very sensitive to water level and I just wanted to make sure that it can be submerged to about 2mm below the indicated water line.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that seems to be way below the indicated water line?

I've found that if the water level is below the water line I get micro bubbling...

post-77894-0-20950600-1363462852_thumb.png

The skimmer works best at 1/2" below the water level line. The line is a maximum. I've run multiple Tunze for 5 years and never had an issue running it there.

The skimmer in it's deepest position in the media basket and filter, the water level comes right up to the line on the body. You can move it up from there if you wish. There is a slot cut to match the body of the skimmer, it can side inside this slot to gain more depth.

Waterlevel.jpg

20130316_164520.jpg

Sorry, do you mean the line is a maximum in terms of the water level Should Not be above that line or below that line?

Sorry, do you mean the line is a maximum in terms of the water level Should Not be above that line or below that line?
Like Stevie said I have owned 3 Tunze 9002 you get nice foam 1/2 inch below that line.
  • 2 weeks later...

Follow up question, would a CPR Mini reactor fit in that spot for the Tunze 9002?

They're the same width and the CPR Mini reactor doesn't actually need to go in all the way.

Follow up question, would a CPR Mini reactor fit in that spot for the Tunze 9002?

They're the same width and the CPR Mini reactor doesn't actually need to go in all the way.

No idea, maybe this will help

Depth on the bottom is 3-1/4"

AC110MRX%20Dims.jpg

Archived