Coral Vue Hydros

New nano reefkeeping book.

atoll

albertthiel

No the actual Vendor status. You are advertising sales here. I see that as a business or vendor. Which should support the site with a sponsorship.

Eddie I got the "I support Nano-Reef" one just a few minutes ago, but I can assure you that the profit from what was sold via Nano-Reef does not allow me to buy a full sponsorship + in a few days the sales banner is going away, and realize that instead of paying $ 69.99 buyers are getting a free newsletter for one year, and a free e-version, and are getting all of that for $30 and a lot less before that as the first buyers got it for $15.00. Some are even getting a 2 year free Newsletter (50 issues)

$30 for the book and the freebies is less than the cost of the freebies if they had to be paid for separately ... $24.99 for the Newsletter and $19.99 for the e-version, so nearly $45, so they are getting for $30 a value of 69.99 + 44.98 or $ 114.97.

And as I said the profit on the number of books sold to members of this forum would probably not even pay for a one month of full sponsorship ....

Hopefully you can see my point ... if I had lots and lots more orders I would have considered it and if I kept the banner going after the book ships, but I did not get that many from here so it is just not possible ... and as I said in a few days the banner goes away ... as I do not sell anything else.

At the price I am offering all of it I think I am providing more like a service to the members as, let me assure, you the profit is not there Eddie ...

Albert

How many of the vendors on here have ever offered a brand new product to members on here for a quarter of the price it was a few day later do you know?

No the actual Vendor status. You are advertising sales here. I see that as a business or vendor. Which should support the site with a sponsorship.

My idea is very reasonable as is. Considering there are rules here and if anyone else comes here and says "Hey I'm selling this in bulk. Wanna buy?" People jump on them right away saying to get a vendor status. Aquaculture Ranch has a vendor account here and he isn't selling anything yet. You can't deny that Albert has made multiple sales off of this site. I can guarantee that many of the members in his facebook groups are also members here. I'm sure they have read alot about the book here and on other sites and then made the purchase.

This is nothing negative to Albert as I know the book is of very high quality. I'm just saying why should he not be a vendor here when many others already are?

albertthiel

How many of the vendors on here have ever offered a brand new product to members on here for a quarter of the price it was a few day later do you know?

My point indeed Les .... no one does that ... and oddly enough none of the Vendors/Sponsors on here have even approached me to order books either.

Now once I have the books I will approach them, and then sales will be through sponsors on here, and through other vendors who order the book either direct via my website or from their wholesalers.

I just took a look at the list of orders and let me assure you orders from this forum have been minimal, in fact I have more orders from the UK forum than from Nano-Reef.

Not that that bothers me but it just reinforces the point that I just cannot justify a sponsor status based on what was sold especially since it was sold at a 1/4 of the price of what its value really is.

But if I was selling an array of products and got a good number of sales I would surely have considered it,.

I have also not made any posts to the sales or classified section on this forum.

Albert

• 2 weeks later...
santacreekfurrows

I think it's great that you can use a forum like this to promote your book, I wish you the best of luck with this project. Maybe I'll get one soon, but for now my budget is shot.... to anyone who has a problem with him selling on here, look at the way it's being done, not spamming all the threads, not doing anything that should be offensive at all, as I see it... cut the guy some slack, he giving us a great deal here on NR, be happy we had the chance to get it for cheap.... Thanks again to all who make this forum so great....

I do understand where some are coming from on this, there are "rules" or whatever, but it doesn't seem to me like this is a person trying to be a business, and that's where I see "vendor status" needed... he's not selling "this and that and ..." , he made a book, looks to be a decent project, and is trying to get it out there to people.... I see this more like someone selling their personal frags or something.... if a person was setting up multiple frag tanks, selling all kinds of specimens, home made plugs, etc. etc., then maybe I could see them as a "vendor", but if I was trying to sell some of my aquacultured rocks (current project/idea I'm pondering) I'd hope people would be OK with a thread on here, showing what I'm trying to do... If I then branched out and was selling multiple types/packages, as well as other stuff to compliment the rocks, then I'd consider myself a "vendor" and not a "hobbyist" Hopefully I'll be able to make some nice stuff and spread it around locally, as I haven't found really great rocks around here... still in it's infancy though...

Sincerely,

Isaiah

Very well said Isaiah

I also think he should be allowed to do this because not only is he doing in as a hobbiest this book is a CONTRIBUTION to our hobby in such a great manner. Honestly I feel like he should be given whatever status needed to sell this book more openly... it's not like he is re-selling the book from someone else.. he is the author of the book.

On top of what is already said... he GIVES so much of his own time and knowledge to this site... he should be considered STAFF from my point of view.

Yep add to that the massive discount Akbert gave people on here, his willingness to answer each and every question and problem put to him and you have somebody who has given a hell of a lot to this forum but then you cant please everybody no matter how much effort time and dedication you put in.

Very well said Isaiah

I also think he should be allowed to do this because not only is he doing in as a hobbiest this book is a CONTRIBUTION to our hobby in such a great manner. Honestly I feel like he should be given whatever status needed to sell this book more openly... it's not like he is re-selling the book from someone else.. he is the author of the book.

On top of what is already said... he GIVES so much of his own time and knowledge to this site... he should be considered STAFF from my point of view.

Aunt Minnie

Hi Albert,

Sorry if I missed this in your thread somewhere...I'm looking forward to purchasing your book shortly but am curious as to how long the pre-production pricing will last for ($30 + $4.75 S&H). I would like to place my order in the very near future but am waiting for payday to roll around....

albertthiel

Hi Albert,

Sorry if I missed this in your thread somewhere...I'm looking forward to purchasing your book shortly but am curious as to how long the pre-production pricing will last for ($30 + $4.75 S&H). I would like to place my order in the very near future but am waiting for payday to roll around....

As long a the link is available in my signature to the buy from me, and that willl be for a few more days .... right now till 4/15 unless it is extended but it depends on when the stores get books, so for now you can still order at the low price. As soon as stores have their books I will discontinue it. Thanks for asking

Albert

Archived