Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

KC Aquaculture

Modder man

A few of you likely saw my "Considering a Breeding Setup" thread. Well I have decided to move forward on the adventure. I have my rack partially assembled and operational at the moment, though it does still need quite a bit of work.

Equipment

• half finished rack
  • 2 45 gallon displays diveded into 3 chambers
  • 100 gallon rubbermaid sump with 250lbs live rock
  • 2 mag 9 returns
  • 600 watts of heaters
  • MRC MR-2 skimmer with Blueline HD-55 Pump (this skimmer is beastly)
  • custom GU10 experiment light fixtures

To Do List

1. Finish building microcontroller power strip
  2. enclose and insulate rack
  3. skimmer extension tube
  4. build light fixtures
  5. Divide chambers down smaller?
  6. Maybe second sump?

I am still unsure if I am going to run it all as one system or not. My original thought was that with over-sized filtration it should be possible but I am unsure. I am also not sure if I can really divide a 12x18x12 chamber down much smaller.

With out further delay here are my first three fish

I think I have an lone Perc female and a Occellaris Black Ice Pair, if I am wrong please correct me.

DSC_0420_zps7caab83a.jpg

DSC_0419_zps7c39d254.jpg

DSC_0417_zps5c3d267c.jpg

DSC_0427_zps5c1b407c.jpg

DSC_0430_zps12bf1c5f.jpg

unfortunately she died, she had bad tail rot when i got her, i tried saving her but the added stress of moving her plus the rot did her in. She was mated with that black ice.

added a few more fish to my collection today. : )

what do you guys think of these guys?

Pair of Black Phantoms

DSC_0472_zpsd92d6b6d.jpg

DSC_0463_zps59de5d3e.jpg

DSC_0461_zps6156bfbd.jpg

DSC_0474_zps7ef11f0b.jpg

Pair of Platinums

DSC_0470_zpse14505c1.jpg

DSC_0469_zps1f21a811.jpg

And a lonely Fat Maroon

DSC_0481_zps375a27f5.jpg

I would return your phantoms to whomever you bought them from. They both have pinched heads. Sorry for the bad news but tf you are going to try your hand at breeding you want the best specimens

that was what I was afraid of but I wanted to get more opinions. I wouldn't consider myself an expert by any means so I didn't want to assume anything of a seller without being sure of the fish I had.

wow those snowflakes need an alignment. I wonder why someone would release or sale a baby like that, I would defenatly return the fish and have them explain why they even thought about selling it.Breeder should have culled it. If you need some nice black snowflakes i know a local here in town selling a nice pair, pm me and ill give you his contact info!!!

Do you guys think the seller should take the fish back if I eat all shipping expenses or Am I on my own here? I am trying to figure out how to best handle this. I did have pictures and I did choose to buy them so I am not blaming him...I could not see the defects in the pictures. At the same time these were sold to me as breeding pairs by a breeder so I figured I could trust that I was going to get decent fish and that I wouldn't have to worry about defects like this. Let me know what you guys think.

They look too small to be a breeding pair,if u end up keeping them break them up fix their genes with another clownfish example like with a jet black Darwin wild cought would be great if you can get a pair of mature ones good luck man.

look, if i were you i would not even bother with these in my breeding program, Plus they are way to small to breed.. I would ask for my money back and look around elsewhere, Always get videos of your fish you want to buy before you pay, if you like you can pm me and ill let you know if the fish looks good and such,,,, dont try to fix it cause you wont, the fish is already broken ....just my 2cents!!

christosclowns

Everyone keeps thinking pinched heads and deformities has impact on offspring they are mistaken. Genetically is not why it happened to them it's poor rearing but what do I know ill shut up lol

Everyone keeps thinking pinched heads and deformities has impact on offspring they are mistaken. Genetically is not why it happened to them it's poor rearing but what do I know ill shut up lol

LOL. Yeah you better stick to just writing clownfish breeding books... :D

Powerboat you have proof otherwise ?

I was trying to be sarcastic and give you a compliment. Sorry if it came out wrong. I know that you know what you are talking about and more people should take your advice and listen. Congrats on the book! I heard that it's awesome. I am going to buy it too :-)

christosclowns

Oh no worries I was skeptical towards proof it's all good. And thank you for the compliments just trying to put a simple easy to read informative product out there

• 2 weeks later...

At this point I have more frags than fish, I am unsure of which direction to take my setup. After losing 4 high dollar fish I am having second thoughts at attempting breeding.

Archived