ReefCleaners.org

Dipped my Zoas, this was one of the things that came out

Codaflow

Yeah it's an API test tube.

For a while I had been having what at first appeared to be Spaghetti worm arms reaching out from under the Zoa rock. However, occasionally I would see streamers of white stuff spew out from the nooks and crannies that clouded up the water.

I'm hoping that was the bugger that was responsible.

This is why you should always dip and check over corals before introducing them to your aquarium. Not sure on the exact identification but doesn't look beneficial at all.

I assume that's an API test tube? Doesn't look nice, not sure what it is though. Doesn't look like a run of the mill bristle worm.

It is an API test tube so we really have no idea whether it is a worm or a fish

What makes something look beneficial?

As in benefits the tank or it's inhabitants, producing a favorable result or outcome.

It doesn't look like any common bristleworm species and unless a accurate identification can be made than I wouldn't place said animal in a tank, let alone a tank with corals and/or invertebrates. True that animal in the picture may help remove waste and uneaten food from the tank but could also pose a threat to the tanks inhabitants. Any animal that can pose a threat to your current reef inhabitants aren't beneficial because the future outcome of the tank or it's inhabitants can be negatively impacted by the animal.

As in benefits the tank or it's inhabitants, producing a favorable result or outcome.

I wasn't asking for a definition. What features of this unidentified creature tell you that it's not beneficial?

I wasn't asking for a definition. What features of this unidentified creature tell you that it's not beneficial?

The part where he doesnt know what it is.

Yeah, it never made it back into the tank. It's in the front yard right now.

Anyways, google images was of no help, and either were various other google searches.

You guys are my only hope :(

reeferman81

Call me weird but I keep stuff that comes in on live rock,coral ect... My wife saves baby food jars and I use the jars and alcohol to preserve them I have about 40 little jars.

Call me weird but I keep stuff that comes in on live rock,coral ect... My wife saves baby food jars and I use the jars and alcohol to preserve them I have about 40 little jars.

Weirdo.

:P Where do you store the jars? That's kind of neat actually.

I had one of those I just saw yesterday. :o I had an old acro skeleton that I was trying to have my GSP encrust over. Pulled it out to give it a brushing and one of these monsters were on it. I tossed him in the back yard.

Note to self: Don't go walking though back yards in Florida. That's where Floridians toss their nightmarish spawn of the abyss.

Note to self: Don't go walking though back yards in Florida. That's where Floridians toss their nightmarish spawn of the abyss.

That's so the alligators have something to eat at night.

Archived