SaltCritters.com

photoshoot at LFS...opinions wanted....

joekr

well, I've been enjoying basic point and shoot digital photography for the past few years and decided I'd like to learn more and maybe try and make something out of it.

The lfs I go to regularly had no issue with me taking pictures of their tanks and I thought I'd share to get some feed back.

On the hardware side, I'm still learning. I purchased a Canon 10d and a couple of lenses, including a macro which I used in this setting.

enjoy...

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

VERY nice pics. The way you cropped the last one is awesome.

The second pic - the full tank pic - could use less flash I think.

Thanks Korbin! I'm probably going to take a class at the local community college on basic photography. Everything I've done to this stage has been trial and error and lots of reading.

I had no idea how difficult shooting fish/tanks could be! Between the glare off the glass and the fish moving very quickly, it was alot more work than anticipated!

thanks! the fish were painfully difficult to get good shots of....the corals were much less work!!

Glad you like them!!!!

DSRL. I was getting tired of upgrading cameras every 6 - 8 months...I'm going to try and make a little coin on the side taking pictures of anything anyone wants...but I love taking pictures of fish tanks....

Archived