inTank Media Baskets

Which online store do you buy yours zoo's from ?

Sea Slug

Need help in finding an onlline store that has bright color zoo's and good customer service . Sick of going to LFS's only to find BROWN ZOO'S .

I did the selct zoo package at farms-of-thesea.com I will post when I get them as it is very expensive and Blane Perun claims they are the best.

Just looking at the site I would have to agree, but will confirm upon arrival.

Yes I've seen his selection and also thought they looked great , but as you said expensive and when you add shipping really expensive . That being said please post here when they arrive I am very interested in if you think you got your money's worth !

Also come on guy's there has got to be lot's of sites that forum members have bought from ????????????

Reefer_Buddha

thelogicalreef used to be good until they did the membership thing. Now they cater to them and the non members just get to see the beautiful "SOLD" signs on all the corals.

yeah I did it because there is free shipping this month and I get a 5-10% discount as a bonus. Blane says these are ones that never even make it on the site and have to be ones he has never seen before or ones he knows are really rare. Also he promises to mix the colors.

I am excited, but a little wary as well. Hope they meet my expectations, but I will def post when they show. Just PM me to remind me.

Chris

I just ordered some from thesea.org as well. I hand picked mine, because I'm too paranoid about getting colors I won't like, even if they are supposed to be the best in stock. They should come in in a couple weeks (I had to delay shipping because I am out of town)... but will let you know how everything goes if you are intereseted. Btw, xcajx, I'd love to see what you get out of the select zoo pack!

I've gotten a crapload of beautiful zoos from the logical reef - just send an e-mail to bryan and he will hook you up. You can look on the website for ideas of what they have, but I've never actually ordered off the website myself. I much prefer to go through Bryan directly.

Yea, The Logical Reef has a really great selection and excellent service. Bryan really knows how to treat his customers.

If you live in FL... The Logical Reef can’t be beat (shipping is much cheaper)!

I've ordered all my zoos through Bryan at the logical reef. He rocks. If you don't see anything you like, just email him and he will try to hook you up! Another site I've seen is zoomonster.com. I haven't actually ordered from them but their selection looks pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's pictures of the zoos in my order from TheSea.org. I was happy with everything I got, except that two of the ones I had ordered died before shipment. One got replaced with some zoos I wasn't as happy with, while the other was just credited back to me for a future purchase and Blane threw in a free hot orange R. yuma, which I like a lot... maybe even better than the zoos!

Intense green Palythoa... these polyps are pretty big, ranging from dime to quarter size. I like these a lot.

Sorry, these two pictures are really bad, and not worthy of a bigger size. I'll try to take better ones later. Anyway, the one on the left is an electric peach with cyan tentacles (the photo doesn't show the colors right at all). The one on the right, is a hot pink, with dark cyan tentacles. This was a replacement for one that had died, and I don't like this color really well.

hold off for now, I will post why when/if the problem is corrected. suffice it to say the order didn't turn out as I had expected. It was a terrible let down and isn't over yet.

I will post the whole story about thesea.org when the tale has ended.

until perun makes good, I cannot endorse him at all. he may come though still...

I had 2 items die in shipping, but he threw in one of those " hot orange yuma rics" when I called to tell him the 2 items died, he said " yeah but I gave you a free yuma.... "

So what! If I wanted rics, I woulda ordered them , I will probably never order from him again.

bryan and lee @ www.thelogicalreef.com cant be beat. im a member so i still see all the great stock!!!! i have ordered @ least 10-15 shipments from them. kind of lose track after awhile. never had a single zoo die. i did have 1 acro that didnt make it and i got a full refund and a $50 credit. no one else will do that for a customer. these guys are top notch in customer service, you can call and talk to them directly, and their stock is awesome. what more could you want. i have many pics if you are interested.

I keep looking at their site, and they don't have any of their zoo stock up. I don't want to buy something I can't see... do they have lots of cultured stuff?

Yes. Email them, and they will send you pictures. They have probably about 2000 or so frags. All very nice I love going to there store.

Archived