Coral Vue Hydros

My .75 and 2.5

just dave

The .75 Aquavase has two 7w 71k bulbs with a Blueline moonlight inside a ABS canopy I made. It has a Red Sea Nano Filter with a surface extractor and a undertank heating mat made by FMR.

The 2.5 has a 18w 71k and two 9wactinics with a Blueline moonlight in another ABS canopy I made. Two Nano Filters( one with extractor and a 7.5w heater.

Originally posted by just dave

The .75 Aquavase has two 7w 71k bulbs with a Blueline moonlight inside a ABS canopy I made. It has a Red Sea Nano Filter with a surface extractor and a undertank heating mat made by FMR.

The 2.5 has a 18w 71k and two 9wactinics with a Blueline moonlight in another ABS canopy I made. Two Nano Filters( one with extractor and a 7.5w heater.

Hi Just Dave

If you dont mind me asking what is the Blue and white tube that you have in the tank.

Thanks guys.

The surface skimmer is something I made. I saw something similar done to a Skilter some 9+ years ago. I took another Red Sea Nano Filter U-Tube and some Lee's thinwall tube. I cut the intake side of the U-Tube to allow it to attach to the filters intake. I attached the slotted thinwall tube to the impellar cover and in place of the adjustment knob I attached the original intake screen.

The Light bulbs are Jali and Coralife. Jali for the 71k 18w and Coralife for the 9w actinics. Current USA also hase some 18 w bulbs.

Hey dave, great looking tanks!

I was just wondering what all the gadgets were in your tanks. Is that a temp probe and a small white heater in the 2.5?

Also, in your photo gallery:

What tank has the two filters on the back? Are they AC Minis? Is that a Piccolo skimmer in the filter on the right?

Sorry for all the rapid fire questions but I'm trying to get as much information as I can before I actually start up my tank!

Shawn

The probes in the .75 and 2.5 are for thermometers. That is a heater(7.5w) in the 2.5,the .75 has a under the tank heater.

The pic in my gallery is for my new 5.5. It has a AC Mini and a AC 200. The AC mini has a Ice Probe mounted in it and the AC 200 has a Red Sea Air lift 60 ( very much like a Piccolo) mounted in it. I had to alter the RS 60 a lot. A Sanders Piccolo or the small one from Coralife would be better suited (require less work) for the task.

• 3 months later...

Just Dave,

Do you have the ice probe hooked up to a controller? If so, how and do you have pics?

Awesome tank. All the principles of a large tank made small.

Also, how are you handling evaporation, salinity checks and water makeup? The smaller the tank, the more this is critical. It must really be hard to keep up with the Aquavases.

Archived