SaltCritters.com

What kind is this?

NaNO ReeFiN

On my recent trip to Aquatic Warehouse, I bought a rock covered with zoos, thing is, I have no idea what they're called... Does anyone know what the name of these zoanthids are?

nice piece!!! I like the yellow/yellow and yellow/orange patterns! how much did you pay for that? i am trying to collect as much different zoos..will you frag that for me when i come down to SD this weekend NANO? ###'on! haha..UCSD RULES! class of 97'

lol, it's not that big of a rock man... if I fraged it, I'd be left with... nothing :D You're coming down for the weekend? I know it's a given and doesn't need to be said but go check out Aquatic, they just got a new shipment in on a ton of different things, (a lot of zoos) ah man... just realized something.. they might be gone by then... hopefully they'll get a new shipment in sometime this week. ;)

But anyway, anyone else know the name of this zoanthid?

NanoReefer53

i don't think there's different names for the different colors. All are just zoanthus. I know this one guy that has like 50 different colors and morphs. makes my pitiful 4 different color collection seem like nuthin :P

Zoanthids can fall under several different genus (Zoanthus, Parazoanthus, Palythoa, Protopalythoa, etc). Yours are most likely Zoanthus, but they probably can't be identified to a species level. I'd leave it at that and just use the color to further describe them.

They look really nice, though!

-Chris

NANO- man, i see at least 20+ polyps....i only need 2 or 3 polyps..just break them off so i can start growing them, for some reason, Zoos grows extrememly fast in my tank...I have 7 different ones now and that is one that i don't have..i have: orange/orange; orange/green; orange/pink; green/orange; green/green; brown/green (pocka dots); yellow/green...so i need a coupel of yours...tell you what..i will trade you a medium size Green Ricordia Yuma for 2-3 polyps??? let me know so i can bring it down with me..

Archived