Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spectra pure REFURB-90 RO/DI & TDS 3

Oakleyguy89

Hey guys, just got my RO/DI system today with the TDS 3 meter. For being a refurbished unit, this thing is pretty much in perfect condition other than a tiny little ding on the plastic cap of the RO membrane housing. Everything was assembled except for I had to screw in the hose adapter to the units input but that was no biggie. Everything is dry and there were not any leaks, craftsmanship is A+ on this puppy!

My only complaint is in the instruction manual they failed to inform you that it is optimal to wait an hour or so to adjust the flow restrictor so that the RO membrane is saturated for best results. I tried adjusting it when it was only running for 15mins and I noticed that my RO/DI water climbed from 190ml/m to 250ml/m which is a big difference an hour. I also watched their video on how to adjust the flow restrictor on their website and he did mention to wait and hour or so. Anyways I just had to adjust and I hit it on the money the 2nd time! I got 1000ml/m of waste to 250ml/m of product water which is the 4:1 they want you to be at for efficiency and warranty of your RO membrane. Its pumping out 0tds water at 80psi no problem, can't wait to do my waterchange tomorrow!!

The TDS 3 is a great TDS meter and is simple to use! My only complaint about this product is the temperature is in Celsius and not in Fahrenheit.

I highly recommend these products as they are user friendly and are of great quality! Spectrapures customer service is great as well!

Archived