Coral Vue Hydros

Where to find Caulerpa Peltada ?

Maxvan1

I am trying to find some caulerpa peltada, I cant seem to find an online retailer, and I havnt seen many other aquarists with this particular variety.

I am looking at growing some on a small scale to see how algal oil is produced. I work for a biofuel company but different sources of feedstock.

Does anyone know where I could buy some?

Is that particular verity needed? If you talk to the guys over at Gulf Coast Ecosystems they may be able to get some for you. Shoot them an email.

• Like 1

http://live-plants.com/

Double check the name. I could not find it. Without a doubt, GCE is your best source for macro. If you are truely interested in a biofuel source, I suggest you stay with the micro algae instead of macro algae.

While I did find some links for C. Peltada, there was sparse info. I am a Marine Engineer and have grown numerous macro for biocontrol in all of my reef tanks. Why does C, Peltada interest you as a biofuel over other options?

In the late 1960, both Exxon and Mobile did extensive research using a fast growing macro off the coast of California, Kelp. I have worked in the energy industry for 40 years. In my opinion, the push for biofues is more about political correctness than viable fuel sources. If you look at the ethanol fuel push using corn, without massive subsidies, it does not make sense. Even with massive subsidies, it still does not make any sense from an engineering point of view.

Archived