Pod Your Reef

Anyone Using RotiGrow?

JoeDigiorgio

Hi guys,

I've been doing a ton of research lately on rotifer enrichment, reading articles on MBI, MOFIB, and ReefBuilders. Matt Pederson's article on ReefBuilders is what really got me interested in the stuff.

Anyone on here actually use it? What are your experiences compared to the live stuff? I'm not doubting Matt Pederson on any of his statements, I'm just curious how others feel about the stuff. I can't find any in depth articles on its actual use, other than Mr. Pederson's instructions for dosing it.

I'd like to get started collecting some mandarin eggs this year so I want to get a strong rotifer cutler going the right way.

Thanks,

Joe

I've read that most hobbyist level breeders are now using roti grow complete, as its refrigerated, contains the ammonia neutralizer and its cheap enough to get as needed. unless your going to be raising Rotifers long term, you don't need to get the larger volumes of algae sitting in your freezer. I also keep hearing them mention a pre-mixed formula for tinting the water in fry tanks to go with the "complete" line.

I tried rotigrow complete - didn't like it and went back to rotigrow plus. I've been raising hatches on the plus for a couple of years now and wouldn't use anything else.

Archived