Innovative Marine Aquariums

sps?

discusking86

discusking86

hey its been a while, so Ill just start out by saying hi to all you people out there. Well my tank has been comming along nicely, I added a crocea and maxima clam, ancor coral and some red mushrooms. The question I have for all you reefers out there is can I keep some sps corals in my tank? Its a five gallon open top tank with 7.8 watts per gallon of pc lighting. I have a small lemon goby and catalina goby in the tank along with a 2 inch crocea clam, a 1 inch maxima clam, green frogspawn, green ancor coral, feather duster, green and red open brain coral and some red musrooms. I have a hang on filter on the back of the tank and thats all I have as far as creatures and filteration. What sps corals would be sustable for my set up? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMO, Watts per gallon is useless in a reef tank. Your clams are still depending on food, you should be target feeding both of them due to there size. At around 3" they will depend mostly on light to survive, and PC lighting is not strong enough for this. Crocea & Maxima are both high light clams.

Good Luck

Archived