Cultivated Reef

Citronis Clown Won't Eat

wenhamjj

I added a Citronis Clown Goby to my tank on Saturday (2 days ago) and I still have yet to actually see it eat. I have tried Frozen Brine, Blood Worms, and a Brine/Plankton/Vitamin Flake. My Maroon and my Skunk Cleaner will eat it up but not the Gobster. Is it still to early to be alarmed (as if I can force him to eat) or just let him be and see how it goes?

Did you take the time to Acclimate him? he maybe stressed or just feels out of place in the new tank, just give it time.

Did you see him right away when you put him in? I just bought a citron goby today as well. Haven't see him at all, but I only spent 30 mins acclimating.

He is always out in places that I can see it. I just never see it eat. I guess it is eating somethin because it has been 9 days and he still looks ok and is active.

Mine spent the first month eating pods (at least I think he did as he was always fat and I never saw him eat any of the food I put in the tank). Now he eats flake food (OSI), PE Mysis and frozen formula 1.

• 2 weeks later...

hey i had the same thing happen to me. i tried brine, flake and then he loves mysis shrimp, the second i put it in the tank he hid in his corner and waited for some to float by and then gobbled it up

Archived