Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

5K gallon plywood grow-out tank in a greenhouse.

Subsea

The twelve 12' boards went across the narrow side of 12' by 20' tank. They provided stability at the top edge of plywood tank. The lumber which was removed was used to make a reenforcement gusset at top of wall. Two 2" by 4" were pressed together to make a 4" by 6" gusset at the top of the 20' edges. The gussets establish the rigidity off the plywood. Three 1/4" wire ropes at equal spacing along the twenty foot wall held the wall of water in tension. Turnbuckles were put on these tensioning wires to evenly distribute forces along the length of wall. We had much trouble with the diagonal corners of the deep side of tank. In the end, after three structual reinforcements, The two diagonals are help in tension with 1/4" wire rope. Three by three angle iron that is 8' long is cemented into the groud with four feet on the outside cornor. The two diagonals are held in tension. No more boards with a very open look to the tank. When I get a camera or an apprentice, I will list more pictures.

If you know any one in Austin that can fill the position that I am advertising, please make them aware of the thread and the opportunity. If you are going to C4, I will have a vendor table with the diver owner of Gulfview as a visiting guest. I have taken on a completely new product line from only macro growth. The aquacultured rock that I am getting is covered in exotic macros. I use this first manicure to establish macro seed stock in monoculture tanks. The live rock from GOM is "off the chain". Come out to Bear Creek on April 7 for the blowout. It will be fun.

Patrivck

gulfsurfer101

Sounds awesome, my wife love's crawfish. Me I feel like it's too much work for a little head;) Man I hope my calendar is free by then. I work as an instrumentation contractor servicing various chemical and oil and gas refineries along with a few power plants. Unless we aquire a new contract buisiness slows down closer to summer and I use that time to go on a few long vacations. Like I mentioned before I usually spend a week or two on the frio. I'd be down for some crawfish and I need some rock for my 135g I recently acquired.

You'll come. You have an open invite anytime. The fri is the colodest stream that I have been in. It must be a completely different aquifier then Edwards and Trinty. My water in Hays County never gets down into the 60's. My music friend Bruce Newman kidnapped me last year for the Kerrvile Music Fest. Two weeks of camping and party with 20K folk music fans. After five days, I told Bruce that I needed some running water to wash off the stink. He smiled knowingly and brought me to a crossing over the Fri River. He laughed at me for hesitating to get the privates wet. That river is some kind of cold. Very nice during the summer in the Texas Hill Country,

What kind of rock are you looking for? What stage of cycle is your 135G? What inhabitants do you want in your tank?

While not a direct part of the tank, water contaimnet is of utmost importance to maraculture operations. The Texas Hill Country is going thru a 200 year old drought. Today my water well level is 100 feet below normal. The pump is sucking air. This 100' drawdown is not gradual. Large industrial pumps suck aquifier dry while filling holding ponds to water golf courses. Aquifer drops 100' in less than a few hours. To that end is the reason that I list system capacity at 20K gallons. I have five tanks in excess of 2500 gallons each. In an emergency like a forest fire, I have 25K gallons of water, with a 5K tank to jump into if the heat is too hot in the kitchen.

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit, for a short time, I did not know if it would work. Because of the sloping limestone shelf, the ground drops of one foot in a twenty foot length. I am removing money from my 401K retirement to build this system on a fixed budget. I have spent $250K with no income return yet. I will get you some pictures tomorrow. My computer guru friend came by for a visit. He coached me into using application software on my iPad.

Instead of lumber across the top of tank, I now have wire rope in tension. The force of the water pushes the plywood wall out and the wires hold it in.

Unfortunately, the pictures will show these wires as slack. There is no water in the tank as I needed potable water to run my house, toilets and washing machines. Two weeks ago my 540' well went dry. The Trinity Aquifier has dropped 120' in six months. I am working with drilling contractor to go to 1000' with 6" casing and a pump capacity of 20 GPM at 70 psi. In looking at their quote on a 600' well, it will cost at least $50K.

Now that the reality has set in, I am ready to go swimming. Bring on the water.

Patrick

Sounds awesome, my wife love's crawfish. Me I feel like it's too much work for a little head;) Man I hope my calendar is free by then. I work as an instrumentation contractor servicing various chemical and oil and gas refineries along with a few power plants. Unless we aquire a new contract buisiness slows down closer to summer and I use that time to go on a few long vacations. Like I mentioned before I usually spend a week or two on the frio. I'd be down for some crawfish and I need some rock for my 135g I recently acquired.

As an instrumentation contractor, you and I have some business to discuss. While I am using Apex controller, they do not monitor parameters that I am interested in. I will fertilize tank with ammonia and monitor using a PinPoint Nitrate monitor. I will control chemistry using carbon dioxide gas exchange with down flow degassing columns. At 50 gpm, it is an expense in electrical cost to operate. It is necessary for me to see the results expressed in both pH and alkalinity. Apex can not help with two of the five parameters; nitrate and alkalinity. I feel that I need a generic PLC to accomplish my goals. Initially, I was going wireless, but I decided to go with 250' of hard wire. I will send you my tele# so we can discuss what you do and what I need.

Patrick

"To much work for a little head". Very cute.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

I must admit, for a short time, I did not know if it would work. Because of the sloping limestone shelf, the ground drops of one foot in a twenty foot length. I am removing money from my 401K retirement to build this system on a fixed budget. I have spent $250K with no income return yet. I will get you some pictures tomorrow. My computer guru friend came by for a visit. He coached me into using application software on my iPad.

Instead of lumber across the top of tank, I now have wire rope in tension. The force of the water pushes the plywood wall out and the wires hold it in.

Unfortunately, the pictures will show these wires as slack. There is no water in the tank as I needed potable water to run my house, toilets and washing machines. Two weeks ago my 540' well went dry. The Trinity Aquifier has dropped 120' in six months. I am working with drilling contractor to go to 1000' with 6" casing and a pump capacity of 20 GPM at 70 psi. In looking at their quote on a 600' well, it will cost at least $50K.

Now that the reality has set in, I am ready to go swimming. Bring on the water.

Patrick

Hmm...You just said a bunch of words that I don't understand. Might as well be in Russian.....

Hmm...You just said a bunch of words that I don't understand. Might as well be in Russian.....

I juggle too many post and threads.

I am talking about construction of a 5K plywood tank which I built underneath a 20' by 40' greenhouse which I built this summer. Because of the difficulty in constructing the tank, it took me three months to complete.

Two weeks ago, my water well went dry. To run my toilets and washing machines, I had to pump water from 5K grow out tank to in ground 2K gallon tanks. Just this last week, I completed construction of a 40' damn at 32" high. Everything that I do here is about water. My new company name is Aquaculture Ranch. It will cost me $50K to get the well that I need. That is a lot of money for someone on a fixed budget. I except and embrace that reality.

Do you read any literature?

Tank is empty of water due to well going dry. It will be full later when I go swimming in it.

Patrick

Ditto

Ditto

Three 100G Rubbermaid tanks in the ground.

Ditto

post-77197-0-30615100-1361731552_thumb.jpg

post-77197-0-20196700-1361731732_thumb.jpg

post-77197-0-15281700-1361731799_thumb.jpg

post-77197-0-83661600-1361731980_thumb.jpg

post-77197-0-59455700-1361732045_thumb.jpg

Just this last week, I completed construction of a 40' damn at 32" high.

Do you read any literature?

Oh, that musta been interesting.....I read books and stuff, but not anything like Romeo and Juliet.

Oh, that musta been interesting.....I read books and stuff, but not anything like Romeo and Juliet.

I read your profile. Which rainbow are you over?

Archived