Rose nebula 1p

Jf atomic sunrise (bam bam's) 2p

Sunny d 1p

Bbeb 3 p

Pink zip 2p

gates of hell lepastria

Superman rhodactis

Baby jawbreaker

Also added a MP10 and removed the koralia 425.

I have the marine land one, it was a great pump and put out a decent amount of flow even with the spinstream.

I recently upgraded to a MJ1200 to run a chiller with.

I also added a few more Zoa's

Sunny d 1p

Bbeb 3 p

Pink zipper 2p

Was thinking about the 600 or the 900 my tank is going to be a zoa dominant tank so dont want it to be to much flow blowing sand around also i will have a spin stream on it.

Nice tank! I wanted to ask you what model aqua clear are you using for your 2.5g? Are you using a media basket?

I started the 2.5 with the ac20 using the intank media basket, it only has room for flood and 2 other chambers for bags of media.

I then added a AC70 with a trimmed propeller for added flow and room for cheato plus extra water for such a small tanks helps.

So I was using both the AC20 and the AC70 and everything seemed happy.

• 4 months later...

Well the tank has been doing fantastic and everything has grown out, my nem tripled to the size of a softball and recently split.

So the tank has been looking a bit crowded so I've been on the hunt for a upgrade for a little while now.

I found a great deal on a Nuvo 24 with some extras for 400.00 picked up.

IM nuvo 24 tank

Pedestal stand

2 IM skyye lights

2x Stevie t media baskets

Stevie t fuge basket

IM skimmer

2x Spin stream nozzles

The only thing I'm considering doing would be upgrading the return pump depending on what info I find on the stock pump.

Once I get this all setup I'll be selling the Nuvo 8 and possibly the frag tank if it's no longer needed.

post-71858-0-33089700-1390444159_thumb.jpg

Was a great set up for your Nuvo 8, as i have almost the same thing i would love your advice on fish stocking. I was thinking of two ocelious clowns, i wont have an anemone cause of the size of tank but im sure they will pai up with something else like my spin stream or pom pom or kenya tree.

Thoughts of stocking?

Also from a hardware point here is what i have done

nuvo 8, spinstream, mj900, custom caddy w/ff, purigen, & cpe. Stock basket/w live rock in heater column. Have extra t8 marine glo above. Own but not using nano 240 pump (too much current, too big imo) and might get another 14k skkylight used

I will attach a current pic of my corals.

post-82698-0-74532800-1390525893_thumb.jpg

Was a great set up for your Nuvo 8, as i have almost the same thing i would love your advice on fish stocking. I was thinking of two ocelious clowns, i wont have an anemone cause of the size of tank but im sure they will pai up with something else like my spin stream or pom pom or kenya tree.

Thoughts of stocking?

Also from a hardware point here is what i have done

nuvo 8, spinstream, mj900, custom caddy w/ff, purigen, & cpe. Stock basket/w live rock in heater column. Have extra t8 marine glo above. Own but not using nano 240 pump (too much current, too big imo) and might get another 14k skkylight used

I will attach a current pic of my corals.

Not to bad here are a few recommendations.

Ditch the live rock in the back as it is a Detris trap more than anything.

If you plan to keep anything besides softies you will need a power head in the tank.

As for fish I don't recommend more than 2 and clowns are fine until they fully mature.

As for the second sky light, I went down this road had 2 sky lights then traded for a par 38 then used a custom 24 3w Cree Led fixture. Get what you need up front as you won't recoup your funds when you upgrade later on.

If you have the cash the inTank basket is worlds better than the stock media rack.

Good luck.

Not to bad here are a few recommendations.

Ditch the live rock in the back as it is a Detris trap more than anything.

If you plan to keep anything besides softies you will need a power head in the tank.

As for fish I don't recommend more than 2 and clowns are fine until they fully mature.

As for the second sky light, I went down this road had 2 sky lights then traded for a par 38 then used a custom 24 3w Cree Led fixture. Get what you need up front as you won't recoup your funds when you upgrade later on.

If you have the cash the inTank basket is worlds better than the stock media rack.

Good luck.

Im assuming when you say ditch the rock your saying in the back water column, is their anything else i should put back there in its place or also ditch the stock basket and put my heater back in its column

I will find a spot that doesn't blow around to much substrate! Which power did you add to your tank and where did you place it?

I always wanted to have two clowns but everyone else is knocking it, I'm glad you like the idea too

Good recommendation on the lighting, just being cheap i guess

I bought the custom caddy, its much better than the stock basket as well or are you thinking of the fuge basket?

Thanks for the input, i really appreciate it!

Im assuming when you say ditch the rock your saying in the back water column, is their anything else i should put back there in its place or also ditch the stock basket and put my heater back in its column

I will find a spot that doesn't blow around to much substrate! Which power did you add to your tank and where did you place it?

I always wanted to have two clowns but everyone else is knocking it, I'm glad you like the idea too

Good recommendation on the lighting, just being cheap i guess

I bought the custom caddy, its much better than the stock basket as well or are you thinking of the fuge basket?

Thanks for the input, i really appreciate it!

Yeah the rock in the back isn't good. As long as your not using the stock plastic media basket you should be fine.

If your not using the middle column as a fuge for cheato or anything the. Toss the heater back in it, I've got the intank fuge and JBJ nano gloo on mine.

As for the power head placement it really depends on your scape and where the dead spaces are. I have a vortech MP10 on the front left of my tank facing the right plus a koralia nano 425 on the back right facing front. Combined with the spinstream it makes for some nice randomized flow and I Have zero dead spaces.

Archived