Top Shelf Aquatics

My Nano Cube

Kirklan

Well, I finally borrowed a friends digital camera and took some shots of my tank. I havn't posted a lot, I'm mostly just a lurker soaking up all the info I can get.

Here are the inhabitants:

1 Purple Dottyback

1 Fire/Blood Shrimp

6 Scarlet Reef Hermits

6 Astrea Snails

1 Turbo Snail

5-6 Different Colors of Zoas

1 Candy Cane Coral Frag

1 Blastomossa

2-3 Silver Tip Xenia

2 Ricordia

Way to many Flatworms to count.

Tank Specs:

12 Gallon Nano Cube

10-12 lbs Live Rock

5 lbs Aragonite

88 Watts PC Lighting

2 12v 60x60 fans

All filter media removed and an overflow cut into the top left corner.

Extra Via Aqua 60 gph power head in uper lfthand side for water movement.

Calcium - 450

DKH - 10

Temp - 78/80

PH - 8.2

Phosphates - 3.0 ppm (This may be why I have been getting Hair algae.)

1 Gallon water chance once a week with distilled water from Wal-Mart (source of Phosphates maybe?)

Dose 2.5-5ml of Bi-Ionic Daily

Manual topoff of about 1/7th of a gallon in vaporation daily (working on an auto-topoff).

Here it is, tel me what you think:

Tell me what you all think. I know I have some hair algae issues and my aquascaping could us some help, other than that I think I have a decent group of corals to start with.

EtOH_is_good

nice tank. i hardly noticed the algae with all the other colors. u could test the water source for phosphates. may want to increase the number of water changes and algae prunning until it drops lower.

I've tested the water and I think the phosphate is 3.0 ppm. This is where I think I'm getting this hair algae. I do a water change once a week with Wal-Mart distilled water, I may have to change my water source.

It appears that when I resize my pics they become distorted quite abit. I may have to play around and figure out how to stop that. The colors are a bit more vibrant without the pics resized.

I agree that I need to test the water before it enters my tank. All I know is that I have 0 nitrates or close enough and 3.0ppm phosphates. I only feed every other day to keep my bio load down. It only grows on that one rock and the sand bed. I have not seen it anywhere else. It dosn't necesarily bother me as long as I keep it "groomed". Any suggestions would be appreviated on anything with my tank.

CT nano reefer

try a piece of POLY FITER pad, or run a sac of phosban in the back chamber...they both can work wonders

Archived