Coral Vue Hydros

What the he**????

schaferfred

schaferfred

Last night I noticed some movement from a hole in one of my rocks...like a dumba** instead of grabbing a flashlight I turned on the lights which scared the thing further into the hole. It almost looked like a "spider" within this hole the way the legs looked, but I figure maybe some kind of crab. There were some stalks of algae growing that are now gone and I have noticed some things that look like 1/4" real thin "sticks" that are possible "poop". I have not heard any clicking noises to indicate a mantis, so anyone have any ideas from their experiences??

schaferfred

Thanks birdman. I know without a picture it is impossible to say but I'm gonna keep an eye out for "it".

• 2 weeks later...
schaferfred

Oh my god, I was watching the tank and noticed an amphipod crawling around and say this "spider looking" thing reach out and pull the pod into a hole in the rock. What the heck is this thing? Do mantis do this? Should I fresh water dip the rock he is in to see what it is? I'm at a loss because maybe this thing will kill my fish when I put some in there

schaferfred

I just got a small glimpse of him...it is a crab. Small front claws and has a whitish appearance with some black streaks through out his body. This is the type of crab that does not live in or change shells. Now I just need to find out what type of crab.

AReeferIsExpensive

i got a "glimpse" of crab smaller than a dime in my tank tonight too.... it was grayish (like LR) , had small, skinny legs n claws n a little bit hairy.

it sucks not to know what it is :( any luck w/ yours?

schaferfred

He must have been a meat eater...found him dead today. I checked my water and it was fine so he must have starved. I think it was a stone crab.?.?

Archived