Innovative Marine Aquariums

is this ok for nano ?

otedd

That sounds like it would work but a) I have NEVER heard of such a light and that price seems to be just for the bulb, you would need a standard mogul metal halide base as well (they're like $10), but I'm confused on how to wire it, since they want no ballast-my guess is just get a standard power cord (from the equivlant of radioshack down under) and hook it up to the mogul base-then you would need to mount it and hang it pendant style. O, you'll probably want a spider type reflector to go with that (unless you buy a pendant, in which case it should have a similar reflector built in)

all in all, depending on what you buy and what you make it should be around $90-$110 (much more if you buy a pendant fixture)

This should be good (without an actinic bulb) for all the soft corals and possibly some lower light loving sps (although they would perfer metal halide)

Sam

for the price of that, you can get a 70 watt MH setup, or a 150w for that matter. do a search for them, I'm sure you can find some for pretty cheap out there.

thanks for the replys.

i get another light to consider.

it 's "Catalina 24 watt compact 50 50", each bulb is half 10 000 Kelvin and half Actinic.

i'm thingking to using 2 units of these (48 w), is that enough or i need to used 3 units ?

thank you

mine is a 20 liter tank, current just complete setting up plumbing for same size sump under the main tank.

currently have 2 NO fluro 18" 15 watt each, one 10k and one actinic. also one extra NO. 10k for the sump if need. just started this hobby.

wonder i should get that pc 130 watt and supplement with actinic, or should i just get a 150watt mh and supplement with actinic.

to aj1au,

hi,

i get the light from aquaria.com.au, under the lighting section.

to softice,

hi,

just wondering from where do you get the 18" fluro with 15 watt, especiall the actinic tube.

and also where you are going to get the pc 130 watt ?

it's very hard to find lighting system in OZ, i already try many aquarium shop in melbourne, vic, but never find them.

Otedd,

I get the 18" aqua one (around 45cm) from my lfs thought i find them expensive, both 10k and actinic i get it at the same place too as well, sold seperately thought the light fitting came with 2x15watt 6.500k. i found out i could proably get a 20" double NO fluro from bunning warehouse cost $27, and diy to fit my hood too as well(diy hood). u can try that if u are handy.

as for the 130watt pc its from the same website u post -reefonline.com.au

i recall aquaria.com.au do sell actinic if i am not wrong, try email them.

if u cant get them over urside. email me i shall see waht i can help.

currently i'm thinking of upgrading my light, either getting the 130watt pc 14k supplement with actinic or go for 150watt MH DE blub. afraid of the heat issue( doing my reading n research at the moment. mine is just a 20liter tank with 20liter below sump.

Archived