Coral Vue Hydros

Osmolator Nano for 20g long.

LarryMoeCurly

In Begow's pic, the white part isn't bent. It's just that the float part that slides up and down on the white post is at an angle. Mine does that to. The hole has to be big enough so that is slides easily as the water level falls and rises. Since it is loose, it tilts a little.

Before you buy one, I would ask Lawnman or someone else with the Osmolator Nano to see if they could measure the distance from the water level to the top of the magnet. Mine is 3/4" to 7/8", but for some reason Begow mentioned needing 1.5" to 2" before the pump was activated. If someone else can confirm the same measurement as mine, then you should be ok.

LarryMoeCurly

Someone want to do me a favor and take that measurement? :)

BTW, since 20g longs are very popular, and tunze are very popular, I find it odd that this problem is not encountered more often.

LarryMoeCurly

I have the Tunze nano ATO and I love the freaking thing.

Hey Lawnman, would you mind getting that measurement Ron is referring to (when you get the chance, if you don't mind :D )? Take notice of my desperation in the repetitive bumping of this thread.

eddiecorrea

In Begow's pic, the white part isn't bent. It's just that the float part that slides up and down on the white post is at an angle. Mine does that to. The hole has to be big enough so that is slides easily as the water level falls and rises. Since it is loose, it tilts a little.

Before you buy one, I would ask Lawnman or someone else with the Osmolator Nano to see if they could measure the distance from the water level to the top of the magnet. Mine is 3/4" to 7/8", but for some reason Begow mentioned needing 1.5" to 2" before the pump was activated. If someone else can confirm the same measurement as mine, then you should be ok.

Begow was pretty stupid FYI.

LarryMoeCurly

Yes, basically. I have 7/8" to work with between the inside lip and the bottom of the rim. I do not want the water line to be visible. So when the magnet is up against the inside lip (as high as it will go) the water line cannot be more than 7/8" below the top of the magnet. According to Ron's measurements I should be fine (his is 3/4"), but when Begow was dealing with this issue he said it like 1-2" inches. I just want to be sure there isn't that much variability between individual products. (I'm hoping Begow was wrong.)

I think that's the measurement Ron is referring to.

I hope that makes sense, and thanks for your help.

eddiecorrea

How about this.

Buy it. If it doesn't work on your tank(which it will) I will buy it from you. I'm about to buy one anyways but can wait a week or two to bail you out if it doesn't work.

Yes, basically. I have 7/8" to work with between the inside lip and the bottom of the rim. I do not want the water line to be visible. So when the magnet is up against the inside lip (as high as it will go) the water line cannot be more than 7/8" below the top of the magnet. According to Ron's measurements I should be fine (his is 3/4"), but when Begow was dealing with this issue he said it like 1-2" inches. I just want to be sure there isn't that much variability between individual products. (I'm hoping Begow was wrong.) I think that's the measurement Ron is referring to. I hope that makes sense, and thanks for your help.
Just checked looks to be a little less than 3/4. Got up off my fat but just for you ;)

t

Begow wasn't smart enough to read a tape measure or understand the magnet holder could be trimmed down a tiny bit.

LarryMoeCurly

Ok, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

I was giving Begow the benefit of the doubt; I guess I underestimated his ineptitude.

I can finally order this thing. I'll keep you in mind Eddie, in case I get a defective one.

• 1 month later...
LarryMoeCurly

An update for anyone who stumbles upon this thread.

I got the Tunze osmolator nano. The water line is about an inch below the top of the magnet. I had to cut away part of the lip in order to slide the magnet up higher. However, now the inside magnet is at an angle and the float switch does not slide smoothly. I need to find a spacer to put in between the lower part of the magnet and the glass to hopefully remedy the problem.

Apparently there is significant variability among individual products.

If you have access to some acrylic (I used acrylite) and a heat gun, you can make a "hook" to mount the magnet to it, like so:

IMG_7086-M.jpg

Apologies for the sharp corner, I snapped it funny >.<.

It would end up like this:

IMG_7088-M.jpg

I used it on a regular osmolator, but I looked at both and the mounts are exactly the same. I had to put a styrofoam piece at the back as my curve was too wide, but it's been working fine for almost a month now.

Archived