ReefCleaners.org

Maxi/Mini Propogating

patrickf

So I decided to dive into propogating one of my Maxi-mini anemone's. Read everything I could, watched every video I could find. Last Friday, cut the guy up into four pieces. Two of which are looking great. Nice large round new anemones. The other two are still looking good, opening up a little and have attached themselves to some rubble pieces.

My question is at what point do I worry about these two? Do I wait till they shrivel up and desintegrate? Or if they have not died yet, they are good to go and had just a smaller piece of the mouth and taking longer to re-establish?

Ten day later and two of the four "frags" are doing great ncompletely encircled and looking like mini versions of the original. The other two are doing good. They are smaller, not completely encircled, but have attached themselves to rubble and seem to be holding their own. I will update in a few days. All in all, I am very happy with both the ease of the process and results.

• 2 weeks later...

you have pictures of how they look?

I cut one and it looks like crap, slimy looking where the cut is.

For whatever reason, I am not able to post pictures from my computer. If you pm me an email address I can send pictures. All four "frags" are doing great. Two look awesome and two are slowly getting there! Not sure if you dipped yours in an iodine bath after cutting. Supposedly that helps them heal.

Archived