Innovative Marine Aquariums

How much have you invested?

rmacedo2010

Not sure If there's a thread out there yet but how much have you invested in your nano since day one. I just want to know if I have a serious spending problem :)

about 10 grand on reefbowls over the years. 1500$ into the current one. we pay heavy for frags here..I used to average $20 per frag and I bought about 30 of them to keep in it, plus lighting, rock sand and replacement bulbs and constant odds and ends, replacement air pumps etc.

Only about $500 so far on my 20 that I have had a year. And $350 already for my new 50 gallon that has not even been setup yet.

Run! While you still can. ;)

LOL. I am still buying equipment and have spent well over $1000

I try not to look at my statements, and just pay them as usual. But damn, am I ever getting a lot of Air Miles for all these purchases lately! :lol:

around $200. :)

Budget reefer for life....

...or until I get a higher paying job, whichever comes first.

edit: okay, okay... $300 after this weekend.

• Like 1

Pssssshit I don't even know. Nowhere near as much as some of my clients and members on here have I'm sure, but definitely more than a few grand. Of course I get everything wholesale and have for some time, so that has to translate higher somehow I guess. :D

Pssssshit I don't even know. Nowhere near as much as some of my clients and members on here have I'm sure, but definitely more than a few grand. Of course I get everything wholesale and have for some time, so that has to translate higher somehow I guess. :D

I'm pretty sure you have to include the cost of your store in how much you have invested :P

I'm pretty sure you have to include the cost of your store in how much you have invested :P

Well it's me and two others, and I am not the financial backer by any means. I run the place with Mike and David, but I am not the owner. Mike would tell you otherwise in the sense that I have put in a lot of late hours and sweat and some blood too! He wants to offer ownership when the time is right.

The plan is once the store gets going full steam and making profit, (fingers crossed) I can buy in, which I would totally do as long as I felt confident in the future and that's just the flat out business truth.

Well it's me and two others, and I am not the financial backer by any means. I run the place with Mike and David, but I am not the owner. Mike would tell you otherwise in the sense that I have put in a lot of late hours and sweat and some blood too! He wants to offer ownership when the time is right.

The plan is once the store gets going full steam and making profit, (fingers crossed) I can buy in, which I would totally do as long as I felt confident in the future and that's just the flat out business truth.

Very, very, very, smart man. LFS are not known for being highly profitable capital ventures, so if you manage to love your hobby and make a job out of it while not going broke, then that alone is good enough. :)

Archived