Pod Your Reef

Maybe a sponge??

lwfjester

My camera does not have a very good macro function, but its is 5MP so I cropped the image to just include the item to be identified. In the picture, at the top right, you'll notice the 'feathers' of a hitchhiker tube worm. When fully extended their about the same diameter as a dime (just for frame of reference). The white spikey thing (I don't know the name, what else am I supposed to call it?) is what I would like identified. It has grown quite fast in the last two months. My tank currently only has 6lbs of LR, and I've only added hermits, snails, and a banngaii. NO OTHER INVERTS were bought. I noticed this, as I said, about two months ago, when it was about as thin as thread and completely translucent. It didn't get any 'color' until about, well, just noticed it today. What do you all think?

I thought since I was posting pics, I would just show this one. I know its not much to look at (there are some really beautiful tanks on here) but everything that has grown in this tank has come from my LR. I have close to 100 small tubeworms (and as you can see 100 more eggs on the wall). I find new things too look at every day. Every creature I added to the tank, including the fish, was put in within 5 days of setting up the tank and I haven't looked back since. All of the coraline, the giant 'finger algae' on the middle rock, all of the tube worms, and even a baby snail that has grown, have all survived and grown in the tank. Now I am afraid to add anything else and upset the balance of the tank. I am using a NanoCube 12 gallon, completely stock except for my heater and extra powerhead, otherwise I didn't change a thing!!!

What do you think anyway?

Ha, yeah, its over 150 gph, but I was planning on doing a Bullet Proof reef, and that requires a large amount of current. Considering there is no other filtration in the tank, the water needs to pass over the LR often in this tank.

Archived